Elac speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last week I ordered a Yamaha rx-v 1065 together with a set Elac FS 127/123,sub and centre.

Now I was looking at the specifications for the FS 123(will be used as surround)and saw that nominal/peak handling is 50w/70w.

I'm going to use a 105w amp.Can those surround speakers handle the Yamaha's power?

Elac tells that they are suitable for amps from 30 to 120w per channel at nominal impedance.

Is this possible(they are 4 ohm speakers)?

A

Anonymous

So the amp can be a lot more powerfull than the speakers??

But than you can't use the amp's full power?Or am i wrong?

The speaker can handle 50w nominal en the amp can deliver 105!?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
lazarus:
So the amp can be a lot more powerfull than the speakers??

But than you can't use the amp's full power?Or am i wrong?

The speaker can handle 50w nominal en the amp can deliver 105!?

We were taught in recording school that it is generally safe to overpower speakers by 300% of the rated wattage and that it's recommended in some cases to power speakers at at least 200% of their rated wattage. The fact is that you won't be issuing all 105 watts to your speaker for any worrying length of time (in your home you would probably be bleeding from the ears before you reach a volume that would give you cause to worry). The advantage to giving the speaker more wattage is that at lower "normal" listening levels the speaker is getting more juice and you'll be able to hear more of the detail and clarity in the recording.

A

Anonymous

Ok thx!

Someone else who has got an opinion on this??

A

Anonymous

yes enjoy the system
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS