elac speakers any experience?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
does anyone have any experience with elac speakers? i recently heard a pair of them and reaaly liked them but cant find any of the oter series made by them an these where the budget models, they did have their speciakl jet tweater though.(ribbon harmonicalike technology) does anybody know whetr the 200 series is any good? gr. Backx

A

Anonymous

I had a pair of Elac CL82 MkII stand mounts pass through my hands which I used for a few weeks. I thought their performance was nothing short of breathtaking for a small speaker. I prefer floor standers myself and at the time I was using a pair of KEF 104/2s, and although the Elacs didn't quite have the kick in the pants that the KEFs had, they certainly was as good, maybe even better, in the upper mid and treble area. I would certainly recommend auditioning some Elacs if that's what takes your fancy.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We tested the Elac 204.2 speakers in our February issue, where they got a strong, four-star rating - very musical-sounding, but need the right amp to drive them. I haven't got all of last year's issues here at home with me, but can dig something out on Monday if you email me via the Contact Us button above.

Unless anyone else has a Feb 2007 issue to hand?

A

Anonymous

Hello Clare,

I know that it has been a while since this post was made but I was searching the internet for some reviews of the Elac BS 204.2 (BS 204 A). Then I found this tread where you wrote that these speakers where reviewed by what hifi. Only the thing is these are not to be found at the site. I would realy like to read this review. This to add to my personal experiences that I had with the speaker.

What would you advice me to go and check out in addition to the Elacïs, which would cost 490 Euro (437 Pounds) each.

Greetings

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts