Elac Debut Reference DBR62

Status
Not open for further replies.

halloweenman

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I simply don't agree with the 4 stars, the reviewer got it wrong.

I demo'd these speakers at home and they compared well with my Harbeth 30.1 speakers which is remarkable given the price difference.

If you want a hyped top end then, yes, these might not be for you.

If you want a balanced sound from top to bottom then I've not heard better budget speakers. They are fantastic sounding, brilliant 5 star speakers.

The bass was actually too much for my modest room.

Reactions: SteveR750

creature66

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I have to agree with the comments above; I think the reviewer got this one wrong too.
There is plenty of heft on the bass end.
In fact, these speakers seem to have an ideal balance for the average consumer's living room.
There really does seem to be a bias at What Hi-Fi towards the (admittedly very good) B&W 606s. The outstanding Klipsch RP-600M and Elac DBR62 speakers seem to have been deliberately sidelined.

Vanilla Creme

Feb 23, 2021
Visit site
Spot on. A boring speaker, and poorly made, in that the vinyl wraps around with an ugly visible seam. The speaker also lacks in detail, and has a very poor soundstage. Might be ok for some genres, but quite bad for any serious listening. I would give it 3 stars at best.

E_kawa

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
I agree with review of whathifi, i tried those speakers for one month and even though they have a detailed and great sound didn’t completely convince me. They sounds like little boring, not engaging, for some kind of music. However I loved them with jazz :)

paspolc

May 3, 2021
Visit site
I have owned these speakers for a couple of months now and I combined them with a 6 band tone control Schiit lokius, a Yamaha nr803d, plus a smsl sanskrit 10th Dac. I am quite satisfied with the musical performance, I mostly listen to rock, blues and jazz, happy with the purchase.

SteveR750

Seems some folk either simply don't like low distortion / flat FR due to the horizontal wave guide providing a wide off axis response, it's not a speaker designed with any showroom sizzle thank goodness.
What HiFi either lazy journalism or fail to understand the basic concept of the design. It's a step up and some from the Debut B6 in both objective and subjective testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts