ECI 5 MK II AMP

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

will be this Electrocompanient a better AMP for the SF Cremonas than the Ayon Orion? is the Accuphase E-450 even better?

thnak you in advance.

kr

Eduardo

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Only you can judge which amp will suit your taste best but the Electrocompaniet Eci5 mk2 will certainly drive the Cremonas easily and will sound extremely powerful , detailed and dynamic combining exceptional transient power with the crystal clear mid / top and the sense of 'being there' that Electrocompaniet is famous for .

I have not heard the other amps you list so I can't really comment on how they perform .

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I did actually demo that particular model of Electro and whilst I thought it an extremely fine amp and one I could easily live with, my Sugden Masterclass I had at the time, was just that much sweeter.

However, I much prefer my current amp the E350to either of the others.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I will get the ECI 5 MK II tonight to demo it at Home. will have a direct comparation wiht the Ayon orion. So tonight I will know wich one sound better to me.

I just got a very very good offer for a Devialet premier second hand!! danger danger danger!!! jajajaja

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
I will get the ECI 5 MK II tonight to demo it at Home. will have a direct comparation wiht the Ayon orion. So tonight I will know wich one sound better to me.

I just got a very very good offer for a Devialet premier second hand!! danger danger danger!!! jajajaja

You are certainly spoilt for choice.......let us know how it goes.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Three lovely amps, so it's down to which sounds best (to you) with the SFs.

FWIW. Personally, provided it can drive the Cremonas, I'd be looking at the Ayon.

Edit. I see you own the Ayon. :doh:

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:

I'd recommend hearing the Devialet. I haven't heard anything better. But you may not like it with the SFs, as it's bass is so powerful it can overdrive them.

Cheers

Matt

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Just finish todays sesion wiht the ECI 5 Mk II. to be honest I really like the sound of this amp. Very clean and open. soundstage is wide adn deep.

Bass is fast and controled. Mid range is sweet and I like the tonality. I like the balance and the slighly preponderane to the voices.

I heard Allan Taylor, Pink Floyd, Gentle Giant, Rebeca Pidgeon, Cat Stevens, Robert Wyatt, Miles Davis etc. it sound right to me wiht all music but it really touch me wiht Maria Rita, no vale a pena and Amy Whinehouse, Love is a losing game.

this amp is defenetly an option. will heard the devialet. let se waht happens!

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
Just finish todays sesion wiht the ECI 5 Mk II. to be honest I really like the sound of this amp. Very clean and open. soundstage is wide adn deep.

Bass is fast and controled. Mid range is sweet and I like the tonality. I like the balance and the slighly preponderane to the voices.

I heard Allan Taylor, Pink Floyd, Gentle Giant, Rebeca Pidgeon, Cat Stevens, Robert Wyatt, Miles Davis etc. it sound right to me wiht all music but it really touch me wiht Maria Rita, no vale a pena and Amy Whinehouse, Love is a losing game.

this amp is defenetly an option. will heard the devialet. let se waht happens!

Any amp that can make Gentle Giant listenable is worth considering!

Just kidding - I'm a fan myself, Octopus is one of my favourite GG albums.

I've listened to the Electro only once before and agree that this is a very good integrated. Always sounded powerful, musical and in control. Not listened to the Devialet, but all the reviews are very positive.

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
jajajajaja Octopus is one of the best LP ever!!!!!!! in this case my demo song is Aspiration from the Lp The Power and the Glory. Devialet is coming Tomorrow. I am courious about!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
jajajajaja Octopus is one of the best LP ever!!!!!!! in this case my demo song is Aspiration from the Lp The Power and the Glory. Devialet is coming Tomorrow. I am courious about!

I can still remember the first time I heard Aspirations , I was sixteen and I was listening to John Peel on the radio whilst lying in bed with my headphones on and he played it .

By the end of the song something inside of me had changed , it was a defining point in my life .

I still get the tingles every time I play it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8tpBYUIvTk

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Electro said:
ebentjerodt said:

I can still remember the first time I heard Aspirations , I was sixteen and I was listening to John Peel on the radio whilst lying in bed with my headphones on and he played it .

By the end of the song something inside of me had changed , it was a defining point in my life .

Excellent song! I hadn't ever heard of Gentle Giant before. Well... I was 2 when The Power and the Glory was released; I wasn't into prog rock yet. :)

Good tip for X-mas. Thanks! :cheers:

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Electro said:
ebentjerodt said:

Excellent song! I hadn't ever heard of Gentle Giant before. Well... I was 2 when The Power and the Glory was released; I wasn't into prog rock yet. :)

Good tip for X-mas. Thanks! :cheers:

And Eduardo, enjoy your time with the Devialet!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you think the ECI-5 betters the Orion in all areas, or is it a much closer fight?......the SFs may like the extra power.

Which, if any, areas does the Ayon better the Electro.?

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Cno, I thing it is a very tight fight. The Electro has more power and dinamics. More detail and clarity and wider Sounstage but the Ayon is more intimate and has a so nice density and naturality. I realy like the Electro but I do not think I will change it for the Ayon after today sesion. I want to have both, dinamics and detail but keep the density and intimate of the Ayon. is something like taht to get?? :?

Today I will get also a Naim Nac 202/Nap200/supercap to demo. Never heard a Naim. let see how it works wiht the SF.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
Cno, I thing it is a very tight fight. The Electro has more power and dinamics. More detail and clarity and wider Sounstage but the Ayon is more intimate and has a so nice density and naturality. I realy like the Electro but I do not think I will change it for the Ayon after today sesion. I want to have both, dinamics and detail but keep the density and intimate of the Ayon. is something like taht to get?? :?

Musical Fidelity AMS 35i. :shifty:

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
jajajaja yes. I have read about this AMP and I think it is very intersting but unfortunately not to get in Chile!!! wath about the Accuphase E-560 also Class A?

iceman16

CnoEvil said:
ebentjerodt said:

Musical Fidelity AMS 35i. :shifty:
There you go again Cno..:)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:

Today I will get also a Naim Nac 202/Nap200/supercap to demo. Never heard a Naim. let see how it works wiht the SF.

I think you might prefer the older ECI5 MK1 to the MK2 , it has all the good points that you like but it has more of that valve like intimacy that you mention , I know I prefer the MK 1 for this reason but unfortunately they are only available second hand.

Electrocompaniet also modified the AW 120 DMB power amp that I own and called it the AW 2X120M and AW 3X120M to cater for the HT market and it lost a bit of what made it very special IMO

You could try the smaller ECI3 that has not been changed from the original , it is still very powerful and sounds wonderful .

Electro said:
Only you can judge which amp will suit your taste best but the Electrocompaniet Eci5 mk2 will certainly drive the Cremonas easily and will sound extremely powerful , detailed and dynamic combining exceptional transient power with the crystal clear mid / top and the sense of 'being there' that Electrocompaniet is famous for .

I have not heard the other amps you list so I can't really comment on how they perform .

How does the EC1-3 compare with the 1-5?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
jajajaja yes. I have read about this AMP and I think it is very intersting but unfortunately not to get in Chile!!! wath about the Accuphase E-560 also Class A?

The Accuphase and Luxman Class A amps will be pretty similar.

A good SS Class A amp imo. gives the best hope of combining the characteristics you are looking for.....as well as a hybrid, like those from Pathos (the Logos or Inpol 2 spring to mind).

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

As will the Devialet, which is a Class A amp driving a slaved Class D power unit (hence the 110/170/240W ratings of the three Devialet models).

8)

Matt

iceman16

matt49 said:
CnoEvil said:

As will the Devialet, which is a Class A amp driving a slaved Class D power unit (hence the 110/170/240W ratings of the three Devialet models).

8)

Matt
Matt..have'nt heard the Devialet. How do you compare it with MF AMS 35i with a decent source,room acoustics,cabling etc..?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts