eBay to Italy

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've been asked if I'll ship my Heimdalls to Italy. I remember reading about some problems, has anyone any experience of shipping to Italy please?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Just that there are many people who won't ship there due to items not being received.

I've seen a few times that sellers say they will ship to all of Europe excluding Italy.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I used to sell a lot on Ebay (hardly bother now)

Had about 3 or 4 sales to Italy in that time and all of them had some sort of issue. Two of these sales were particularly difficult and on the Ebay Forums sales to Italy have a bit of a reputation, however I'm sure a lot of them go without a hitch.

It might be worth you posting this same question on the ebay forums and seeing what response you get.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
JoelSim:
Just that there are many people who won't ship there due to items not being received.

I've seen a few times that sellers say they will ship to all of Europe excluding Italy.

Not heard or read anything like that about Italy, but if you use one of the big boys (Fedex/UPS) then I'm sure you'll be OK.

Now if it was Russia, I'd worry.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:I've been asked if I'll ship my Heimdalls to Italy. I remember reading about some problems, has anyone any experience of shipping to Italy please?

I'm just about to post my Audioquest cables to Parma. The buyer has decent feedback and to my knowledge, if I post via a trackable service, I will be covered.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I sold my old amp to a buyer in Italy in March without any hassle. Just make sure you set a realistic P&P price in your auction description and make perfectly clear what your sale conditions are. Insist on a 'signed for' delivery and steer clear of anyone asking for anything other than that.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
You can send an item through parcel2go and get insurance cover and tracking. The cost of insurance up to 1k is around £50 plus delivery costs of around £30 + VAT.

Personally i've never sent overseas but the options are there.

I would though read the small print regarding claims.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
DIB:JoelSim:

Not heard or read anything like that about Italy, but if you use one of the big boys (Fedex/UPS) then I'm sure you'll be OK.

Coincidentally, I recently sold three lengths of Exposure speaker cable on Fleabay. Two lengths went to Italy and one to Russia!

Apart from slow shipping and a nervous wait, there was no great problem experienced - everyone was happy. However, I would say that the delivery to Russia took longer than I would consider reasonable (even by Royal Mail standards!) Fortunately, the chap in Russia was used to slow deliveries.

I sent all via normal Royal Mail (signed for).

Maybe I was lucky?

A

Anonymous

Sent a few things to my mate out there using parcel2go I think (sometime ago) and also royal mail. If you use a tracked service from the big boys, then they can see where it is at any point and also you can pay for insurance upto a certain value of your choice, but this costs you a bit more than standard post.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So the whole Ebay Italy thing may have been addressed to some extent. In the past paypal only covered you if you sent an item to a confirmed address (tracking didn't help for their purposes)and as the Italian postal service was horrendous I think some scammers were taking advantage of the fact.
The thing was only Ebay users in UK,USA & Canada could confirm their addresses so in theory any other country was dodgy, its just that coupled with the poor postal service Italy seemed to have more than its fair share of "NON ARRIVAL" claims.
I believe Payppal have now changed it slightly in that a buyers address doesn't need to be CONFIRMED for the seller to qualify for Seller Protection. You do need to follow paypal procedure to qualify and this incliudes sending by a trackable method. (Signed For or Recorded Delivery does not qualify it has to be fully trackable)
I now only send within UK as I'm fed up with foreign buyers ridiculously high expectations.

A

Anonymous

DIB:JoelSim:

Ive posted all over europe inc russia with zero problems. as was mentioned before, send your item with large, reputable courier companies and make sure you take out insurance and there wont be a problem.

A

Anonymous

i have sold a lot of stuff on ebay.a fir bit to italy .i always use fedex and have never had a problem

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts