EB3 Centre Speaker

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
cifu21 said:
I have just received an email from EB Acoustics that EB3 will be available in the next 3 weeks!

And so it will be. Word of warning though.

With the exception of the OP, it seems that most people on here won't or are incapable of making a decision without WHF rubber stamping the product and there's never a guarantee on that score.

EB3 will available in 3 weeks but a review?, add 3 months. That's because of deadlines, photography and copy etc.

Just so you are aware. Although you could always take the chance and buy it and return if you don't like it irrespective of a WHF review.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Richard Allen said:
With the exception of the OP, it seems that most people on here won't or are incapable of making a decision without WHF rubber stamping the product and there's never a guarantee on that score.

Are you taking advice on PR from AJ?

Not at all Dave lol. Just seems strange to me. If I saw something that took my fancy then I would go and listen to it regardless of a magazine review. The review helps, sure. But ultimately, it's got to work in my environment.

If the AJ is who I think you mean then that's the last place I would go for advice.

I may have been lapse in the past but I'm not completely doolalley.( fink I've spelt that wrong somehow. )

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
It’s scary the amount of people who will trust someone else’s ears via a review over their own ears. I agree it is reassuring but ultimately makes no difference to what you hear yourself.

I saw a post where someone wouldn’t purchase XTZ speakers because WHF hadn’t reviewed them despite being a demo facility and many favourable reviews from many other publications from various parts of the world.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
bluedroog said:
It’s scary the amount of people who will trust someone else’s ears via a review over their own ears. I agree it is reassuring but ultimately makes no difference to what you hear yourself.

I saw a post where someone wouldn’t purchase XTZ speakers because WHF hadn’t reviewed them despite being a demo facility and many favourable reviews from many other publications from various parts of the world.

In the case of EB along with the recent changes and the 30 day money back guarantee there's nothing to be lost really. Still, their choice not mine.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Update

New EB website is now live including the EB3.

Have a look and see what you think. Please don't ask about a review for EB3. WHF will call for it as a stereo pair when they're good and ready I'm sure.

Regards.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Richard Allen said:
Update

Have a look and see what you think. Please don't ask about a review for EB3. WHF will call for it as a stereo pair when they're good and ready I'm sure.

Regards.

About the website, or the speakers?

The speakers look nice, but the website looks amatureish. You should invest in a better website and maybe also consider having some professional photos taken of your products.

The website is your storefront and needs to look inviting and professional and make people confident about spending their hard earned with you. It does look a lot like stumbling across a DIY speakers site at first.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
BB - I can but it is a bit weird.

When you click on products, does the list come up for a fraction of a second ? It does on mine.

If it does, hit the back button and the products menu stays on screen letting you make a selection.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Overdose said:
Richard Allen said:
Update

Regards.

About the website, or the speakers?

The speakers look nice, but the website looks amatureish. You should invest in a better website and maybe also consider having some professional photos taken of your products.

The website is your storefront and needs to look inviting and professional and make people confident about spending their hard earned with you. It does look a lot like stumbling across a DIY speakers site at first.

Its not the best.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Overdose said:
Richard Allen said:
Just to let you all know, EB3 and the new deposit based website will be up and running in 2 weeks. Just so you know.

Thatll be the 16th of August then. What's the latest on the EB4? :)

EB4 is on the way but it's gonna be different to what I said originally.

EB4 will be based on the EB1 BUT ( and here's the difference ) will incorporate BMR technology. This means that the crossover point will be well below the usual 2.5 to 4K region. Shouldn't be as 'phasey' as other loudspeakers, mine included. The original EB4 design will be re-designated when I have sorted the amps out and got CE approval.

cifu21

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It has been almost 3 months since I received the EB3. I have since watched many of my favourites movies again. This time with the EB3 as the centre speaker.

The first thing noticeable is the clarity and transparency in the dialogue. We first tried it with our family current favourite movie The Avengers. Right away, the dialogue sounded clearer and cleaner. The separation is great. The dialogue and words are distinctive from the surrounding soundtracks and sound effects.

The same we found with the Dark Knight Rises. Since then, we have tried it with the Lord of the Rings trilogy and so forth.

Second, it integrates naturally with the pair of EB2. There is cohesion in the audio. We now hear the same uncoloured tone and uncluttered sound from the 3 main front speakers.

My family and I are very happy with the EB3 and the EB2s!
smile.png

okolehao

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I placed an order back in November 2012 for the EB3, and still haven't received my speaker now in April 2013. I'd be fine if they said it was going to take a little longer, but now their email box is full/emails bouncing. Did I lose my deposit? Did EB Acoustics go out of business?

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts