Easiest way to improve the sound of your system......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Listening to the Moyle's Show this morning, Comedy Dave said that he could 'hear the higher frequencies more clearly and the bass was less lumpy now'What had he done to improve the sound of the BBc's superb set up ??

He'd had his ears syringed. Makes a massive difference to the sound quality and made me wonder why all you HiFi nut's aren't pounding the door of your GPs demanding this cheap upgrade to your system ?

A

Anonymous

Yes - but we're talking about Radio 1 - awful channel! How it dares to hold the position of "number one" radio channel defies belief.

matthewpiano

I think one of the best ways to improve the sound of your system is to go on a forum and magazine detox for a while, something I'll be trying to do once I've got the new gear set up. It allows you to concentrate on listening to the music instead of getting restless about the equipment.

A

Anonymous

Seiously folks if you haven't had your ears syringed they will be clean but not unblocked. Years of build up removed would increase the real sound of the system you have. It must be worth a go surely !!

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:I think one of the best ways to improve the sound of your system is to go on a forum and magazine detox for a while, something I'll be trying to do once I've got the new gear set up. It allows you to concentrate on listening to the music instead of getting restless about the equipment.

Wise words ... And it's the best one can do when have just bought a new kit... Nobody needs to know how good say others their kits are once you already decided yours. Kits are for using them to play our music... not just to let us say we got them
emotion-15.gif

Cheers

daveh75

andyb190:Seiously folks if you haven't had your ears syringed they will be clean but not unblocked. Years of build up removed would increase the real sound of the system you have. It must be worth a go surely !!
just dont tell the g.p you want it done to improve your hi-fi set up, they may get upset!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
And remember unecessary syringing can be harmful. Earwax acts as a conveyor belt continuously shifting dirt and dust and other nasties out of harms way and it has anti-bacterial properties so be prepared for the risk of infection after syringing. (There is also a slight risk of ear-drum perforation.)

If it ain't broke don't mend it.

A

Anonymous

Avoid unnecessary ear syringing as it can damage the villi that line the ear canal. If these stop working you won't be able to clear wax from your ears naturally and you'll risk bigger problems. You're better off dropping some olive oil in the canal before you go to bed, bunging the ear with some cotton wool. This will help clear any build up.

A

Anonymous

I can wholeheartedly recommend "ear candles"!

You can lay on the floor with the candle merrily burning and sucking the wax out whilst listening to your favourite tunes on your hifi.

You then have the thrill of slicing the used candle open and comparing the amount of wax that has been extracted.

You can even try "extreme" ear candling where you invite your mates round to see who can let the candle burn down nearest to your ear.

****Warning ~ extreme ear candling should not be tried alone, don't use near freshly sprayed hair and always ensure that somebody is close by with some water and a few beers.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. I've seen a few picture / products now. They must be happy candles cos everyone who's got one stuck in their ear seems to be smiling!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i'm getting some! i can't wait to suprise my gf with me lying on the floor with a burning branch poking out an ear. when i tell her it's to improve my hearing, i can picture the look now.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I had these candles given to me by a friend as an odd present I thought...to be honest i didn't notice any difference, but I didn't do it with the scope of testing my hearing afterwords...maybe I should. Certainly the stuff that comes out it worse the experiment! Should we put it to the test??
emotion-15.gif

On another subject... but relevant to the heading: DacMagic!! It did wonders for my proudly new system!! (see My final set up for the Marants PM6002 post) Well, that is if you don't already have an top end system...

matthewpiano

Another suggestion here... Get rid of all those surround sound speakers and go back to just having one stereo pair for your hi-fi. Speakers don't perform at their best when there are other speakers resonating in sympathy round the room. If you put music first, ditch the HT.

A

Anonymous

You can do the olive oil thing before getting your ears syringed as it makes it easier and stops the risk of damage to the villi from the process.

If you've never had it done then I am suggesting a one off to remove 20-30 years of build up. It apparently makes a big difference no matter how clean you keep your ears.

The candles (from research and reports from people at work) are PANTS by comparison.

T

the record spot

The Male Chauvinist Pig's Guide to Audio Nirvana suggests divorcing your wife prior to an upgrade as a significant improvement incidentally...apparently, the title's been sold out for months.
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts