A

Anonymous

hmmm , many people agree , including my dealer , mathewpiano also rates it ,and dan , i wouldnt be able to audition the rega or the arcam , do you have experience of the rega ? great reviews , and i love the styling ..

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Out of that lot Rega Apollo, without a doubt.
my financial advisor was hoping somebody wouldnt say that
emotion-3.gif
, i really like the quirky looks of it , top loading and everything , yes its more expensive , but at this stage , a few hundred wont make much difference to me , its the final piece of the puzzle , and i will feel like i have something thats quality and unique (i probably was hoping for a rega vote , wasnt i
emotion-4.gif
) , oh dear , ill probably just buy one blind
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

ear:not heard rega but i sure dont like the looks.it would look good at a funeral.
emotion-12.gif
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Since you have that laptop, you could always cross to the dark side, rip your cds and purchase a dac
emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

The Dac is a good idea. You can connect it to your Blu-ray player and save yourself a box plus some money as well as enabling the streaming route.

matthewpiano

The Apollo is the best on your list, but then it is the most expensive as well. In my exprience it would beat the sound of any budget DAC.

I still fancy an Apollo myself. I had one briefly ages ago and sold it for financial reasons. Wish I still had it. Worked very nicely with a Naim Nait 3 and MA BR2s.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I remove my mention about the apollo looking good in a funeral.I was confusing it with the ISIS model.the apolo just looks like a toilet seat.much better in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

ok ,im waiting on a phone call regarding a little paving job , if it comes , a rega apollo will be mine
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

michael hoy:
maxflinn:nad cd545bee , marantz cd6003 , rega apollo , 2nd hand arcam cd72 ????

Max,

There is a Rega apollo on fleabay in silver starting at £250

cheers , yes id seen it , i want black , but would take it at the right price , no cash right now though , ill check back when ive got the dough
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

regarding the dac thing guys , im not really into the idea of computer based music , handy though it is , id rather look through my cd collection , and get up and stick one on .. maybe im old fashioned ..

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:regarding the dac thing guys , im not really into the idea of computer based music , handy though it is , id rather look through my cd collection , and get up and stick one on .. maybe im old fashioned ..

Nah, i'm 19 and i'm the same as you. I prefer to play CD's even if my music collection is bigger then most my age. =D

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Max...

NAD C545BEE or the Apollo; it's a tough choice but believe me both of these will gel VERY well with your amp and speakers
emotion-1.gif

Like I said; I demo'd both and it was a tough choice for me but the synergy they creat with M/A speakers is better than the Marantz, IMO, by a long shot!

A more open and expressive soundstage with taut, deep, punchy bass, smooth and detailed mindrange and the treble has superb clarity

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:The Apollo is the best on your list, but then it is the most expensive as well. In my exprience it would beat the sound of any budget DAC.

Not by much and not convincingly (and maybe not at all.)

A friend had the Rega Apollo in his Primare i30 system but sold it after buying a CA Dacmagic (connected with balanced XLR and optical) and using it with lossless rips to his iTunes on his iMac.

There was not much in it.

I preferred the Apollo and he prefers the DacMagic. But that all came down to tonal differences. There were no quality differences. (That would be daft given that the Apollo and DacMagic share the same Wolfson DAC.)

He sold the Apollo.

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:Max...

NAD C545BEE or the Apollo; it's a tough choice but believe me both of these will gel VERY well with your amp and speakers
emotion-1.gif

Like I said; I demo'd both and it was a tough choice for me but the synergy they creat with M/A speakers is better than the Marantz, IMO, by a long shot!

A more open and expressive soundstage with taut, deep, punchy bass, smooth and detailed mindrange and the treble has superb clarityhi dan , thanks for your input , i know you took your time about your own decisions , and reviewed all those on my list , so im hearing what you say
emotion-15.gif
, it may be a case of money that decides this for me , i cant audition an apollo anyway , once ive got a bit of work in , ill see what the funds are like , ill buy the quirky apollo if i can , but if funds are tight ,ill look at the marantz , and , i wont exactly be dissapointed to have to buy the nad , considering your opinion of it
emotion-11.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:d_a_n1979:Max...

emotion-1.gif

A more open and expressive soundstage with taut, deep, punchy bass, smooth and detailed mindrange and the treble has superb clarityhi dan , thanks for your input , i know you took your time about your own decisions , and reviewed all those on my list , so im hearing what you say
emotion-15.gif
, it may be a case of money that decides this for me , i cant audition an apollo anyway , once ive got a bit of work in , ill see what the funds are like , ill buy the quirky apollo if i can , but if funds are tight ,ill look at the marantz , and , i wont exactly be dissapointed to have to buy the nad , considering your opinion of it
emotion-11.gif

I think the NAD will give you the best of both worlds TBH BUT seeing that Apollo on eBay I'd be keeping my eye on that too!

Have you spoken to anyone re the Apollo as to whether you can have it on a home trial?

A

Anonymous

na , i doubt if you can even buy the apollo here in ireland anyway , maybe up north ill have to check that out .. i would buy it without an audition , this time 4 weeks ago i was listening to music through my tv
emotion-3.gif
, so im sure the apollo will sound fantastic to me , even right now im loving the sound made by my bluray player through the nad .. i will try for the ebay one if its still there when i get a few quid , if not , it will probably be the nad or a new apollo
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS