smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
just downloaded it to start ripping my cds in flac.

i have put in my cd gone to database- cd infomation and got the artwork so far so good.

now i want to rip in flac where on earth is the rip button and options in format to rip.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
sorry i think i was being thick is it just copy compressed /uncompressed and if i select uncrompressed it will give me flac because thats what i highlighted in the install part is that right.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
last question for tonight

i want to run my flac files through something that is free needs no plugins and wont bring up all the 320acc rips that are on itunes vote now

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i dont beleive this i have ripped my first album thinking it would be flac and no its wav which is better i know but takes why to much room up and ive heard the artwork is better on flac how can i rip flac on eac.

A

Anonymous

Wav is not better, it´s the same as flac. Differance is that flac takes up less room.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i dont care really im losing it all i have is about 200 cds that i want in a folder in flac i have them all ripped at 320acc on itunes so that spotify picks them up. i want flac cause i am going to buy an external hard drive 1tb so i can take it to friends who have macs and pcs.

i just want a quick free download that will rip them in flac and give artwork.

then i want a free software to play it back in good sq that does not need any silly plugins. i have tried xbmc and it wont play back through usb i have tried j river media centre again good but people said i needed a certain plugin and it would not work i tried for 3 hours last last.

im losing the will to live i have nearly 40 albums that i cant get/afford on vinyl that i might buy on cd if i can the sq better than spotify which itunes does not give me.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Smuggs,

I can't help with ripping to FLAC, but VLC media player is what you want for playing them. Free and plays every type of file you could want.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
looking through loads of threads i may go dBpoweramp its free for 21 days and then is it a one off payment of 38 dollers or is it a monthly fee.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
This might be helpful. But then, it might not. I haven't read it: I googled 'ripping to flac' and it popped up
smiley-smile.gif

Helpful?????

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are getting a wav file when using EAC you have not set it up correctly. You need to go into the setup and tell it what compression to use. If you want I will post some screen dumps of the setup screens, just let me know and I will do it tomorrow as I don't have the PC on at the moment. As for free software to play back and organise your music without plugins, mediamonkey.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks guys, i have been impressed with the sound of media monkey but it shown all the 320acc files i want it for flac only is that in the setup options though. ill need to reinstall eac and see if i can select flac again and not wav.

A

Anonymous

dbpoweramp is much easier than eac, and as you say the first month is free. Then play it with VLC or Foobar, mission complete and one life saved.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In the options in Mediamonkey you can select which files it looks for.

The last time I installed EAC it output wav and it was because there was no command line options, I will do a screen dump tomorrow so you know what to put in.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smuggs said:
thanks guys, i have been impressed with the sound of media monkey but it shown all the 320acc files i want it for flac only is that in the setup options though. ill need to reinstall eac and see if i can select flac again and not wav.

dBpoweramp is the best program to rip in my opinion. XBMC is the best all round software to play music from. As mentioned, rip sone files to FLAC for free and give XBMC a go for free. There is no plugin needed, just select WASAPI in the settings section for audio output, turn the volume to max on pc and listen!

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
xbmc is good but it would not send the music via usb to my dac-magic but when i selected hdmi it went to denon1909 through a hdmi. i could only find optical/coax or hdmi. im playing with media monkey now and at last have an empty one when i load up it does not bring up all my other stuff so thats good. im just looking at this eac as i could not register the 21day train dbpoweramp not sure why it just would not bring the menu up so ill mess around with eac and find out how to get ripping in flac. but please post them pics of it that would help big time thanks again. i have also found out that my laptop does double headphone skt and optical so i will feed my dac-magic an optical soon and report back to see if the usb was holding me back.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smuggs said:
xbmc is good but it would not send the music via usb to my dac-magic but when i selected hdmi it went to denon1909 through a hdmi. i could only find optical/coax or hdmi. im playing with media monkey now and at last have an empty one when i load up it does not bring up all my other stuff so thats good. im just looking at this eac as i could not register the 21day train dbpoweramp not sure why it just would not bring the menu up so ill mess around with eac and find out how to get ripping in flac. but please post them pics of it that would help big time thanks again. i have also found out that my laptop does double headphone skt and optical so i will feed my dac-magic an optical soon and report back to see if the usb was holding me back.

Apparently if you select COAX/SPDIF first and then you will see SPDIF output (USB or SPDIF).

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Did you use the configuratuon wizard in EAC ? EAC-> configuration wizard. This allows you to set up in what format your rips will be e.g. .flac. You can also specify this manually. Also when clicking Action-> copy selected tracks you should choose compressed as flac is a compressed format but is lossless so no loss of SQ. Hope this helps.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks guys i am as daft as they come im over the first hurdle i am going to use eac as my cd ripper no reason other than its simple and does the job no trails etc. i was ripping in uncompressed which is why it gave me wav so i did a reinstall choose flac again and found out its a form of compression so i choose to rip compressed and hey presto i have now a folder which 3 albums i have done in flac. gerrard thanks for the advise that has worked and i have xbmc and media monkey i have not made my mind up but both very valid picks and again im so sorry for taking up your time i just hope i can be of help to someone one day to give you guys a night off. im sure there will be artwork problems but im using artwork downloader which gets it off amazon.co.uk so fingers crossed my albums are not that bizarre. top work lads one happy bunny now

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
It may be irrelevant now but here is a decent guide to all things FLAC, with a few reccommendations for FLAC ripping programmes within:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smuggs said:
thanks guys i am as daft as they come im over the first hurdle i am going to use eac as my cd ripper no reason other than its simple and does the job no trails etc. i was ripping in uncompressed which is why it gave me wav so i did a reinstall choose flac again and found out its a form of compression so i choose to rip compressed and hey presto i have now a folder which 3 albums i have done in flac. gerrard thanks for the advise that has worked and i have xbmc and media monkey i have not made my mind up but both very valid picks and again im so sorry for taking up your time i just hope i can be of help to someone one day to give you guys a night off. im sure there will be artwork problems but im using artwork downloader which gets it off amazon.co.uk so fingers crossed my albums are not that bizarre. top work lads one happy bunny now

No worries. Four years ago I didn't know how to wire speakers up to an amp! Enjoy.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
smuggs said:
Glad you got it sorted. If the software you are using can't find the artwork you can look for it yourself on the web, capture it as a jpg or scan it in if you have the CD then add it manually via mediamonkey.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
smuggs said:
looking through loads of threads i may go dBpoweramp its free for 21 days and then is it a one off payment of 38 dollers or is it a monthly fee.
It's one payment, although some of the additional options may require a small annual fee (one of the online lookup databases I think, mine's moaning at me about it at the moment but I'm ignoring it for now).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts