EAC - PS3 lacking cd title/composer info

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I use EAC to create FLAC files, but for some reason when I play it on PS3 I only see the song name (no cd title/composer info).

I used one of this really long guides how to set it up to get the best of it.. still don't understand why then don't have option - "THE BEST QUALITY"
emotion-2.gif

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Well I get all that on my PS3 when playing flac files ripped by EAC and transcoded by TVersity (gives me album art too).

A

Anonymous

madeinstein:

I think I found the answer here

no tagging in EAC.. buuuuuu

You want AutoFLAC (an EAC script), it certainly tags my FLACs.

Cheers,

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hhhmmmmmm. Need to be a little careful here methinks. EAC doesn't actually do the compression itself. It palms that off to flac.exe. I would hope that dbpoweramp does the same...so both should take the about same time for the actual compression.

What EAC does do is copy the CD into a number of .wav files. To do this it does a number of things where speed is somewhat beyond its control eg looking up the Accurip database online.

So, assuming all is equal, it should all boil down to producing the bit perfect .wav file which separates dbpoweramp and EAC. It is possible that dbpoweramp has a more effect algorithm for doing this. It may be that the two apps have been configured slightly differently by yourself, meaning that dbpoweramp is being less rigourous with its copying. Or it may be that dbpoweramp is taking shortcuts.

I have used dbpoweramp for a number of tasks in the past. But, I have to confess, that I have only used EAC for ripping so cannot comment on the quality of the dbpoweramp rips. One thing you could try is ripping the same CD twice using EAC and dbpoweramp. If the resulting files are identical....it would seem to suggest the dbpoweramp has the more effective algorithm.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I think the difference is that db poweramp is multithreaded so it's faster on multicore CPU's, not sure though what is being split into multiple cores, ripping (not sure how), compresing (probably yes).

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Fair enough. Have you tried doing a couple of copies to ensure they are the same size? If the dbpoweramp is considerably smaller, I'd be concerned (need to take into account header information).

Phheww. Got past the 666 posts....couldn't find anything I could post to for while there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts