EAC - problem(s)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I ripped all of my cds using EAC, and on the whole it's done a great job, but I like details to be exactly right, so I've been checking through, and I've found some problems.

1. With my comps, I can find individual tracks under the artist name, except for the tracks from one album, which puts everything under various, even though it's been copied exactly the same way. Could it be the digital information on the cd is doing this, and if it is, is there a way round it using EAC?

2. I ripped a Stone Roses cd, and all the tracks are found under Stone Roses when I search by artist, exceppt for 2, which come under The Stone Roses. I've checked the rip details, and every track is listed under Stone Roses, so why when I search using artist on my av receiver, does it list 2 tracks under The Stone Roses? :?

I have a few more problems, but I want to solve these 2 first.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi BBB,

i use EAC as well, the quality of the metadata can be frustrating, especially when the 2nd cd is titled differently of has an incorrectly named tracks .

i invested in Bliss partly to consistency check the data but also to easily retag the entire collection. You can also edit tags on tracks as well as albums which means i don't need to re-rip with EAC.

i also just started using sync toy as it enables me to replicate any changes to the NAS. In addition I'm now using it to replicate the folders and jpegs into my batched up 320kbs rips of the flacs with foobar. I then run bliss on the mp3 folder as well.

Had to edit as just remembered the free bliss version comes with a limited number of fixes but enough for you to see if it's what you are after.

hope that helps.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Feral said:
Hi BBB,

i use EAC as well, the quality of the metadata can be frustrating, especially when the 2nd cd is titled differently of has an incorrectly named tracks .

i invested in Bliss partly to consistency check the data but also to easily retag the entire collection. You can also edit tags on tracks as well as albums which means i don't need to re-rip with EAC.

i also just started using sync toy as it enables me to replicate any changes to the NAS. In addition I'm now using it to replicate the folders and jpegs into my batched up 320kbs rips of the flacs with foobar. I then run bliss on the mp3 folder as well.

Had to edit as just remembered the free bliss version comes with a limited number of fixes but enough for you to see if it's what you are after.

hope that helps.

Thanks

I'll have a look into bliss, though I'm still something a technophobe when it comes to anything to do with software/pcs etc.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Start here and let me know if you have any questions/problems

http://www.whathifi.com/blog/how-to-turn-tagging-and-artwork-anarchy-into-blissful-order

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Feral said:
Start here and let me know if you have any questions/problems

http://www.whathifi.com/blog/how-to-turn-tagging-and-artwork-anarchy-into-blissful-order

Thanks

I think the free one will do for me, as I only need a few fixes. Where can I download it?

Mattan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I also found inconsistencies with EAC across some albums and tracks. I used MP3Tag (which is free) to make the necessary fixes. I also noticed that EAC was a little inconsistent in applying IDv1 and IDv1.3 tags.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts