Dynaudio with SimAudio or Bryston Amp, DAC combination

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would highly appreciate it if you could answer the following question.

What I have

I own a dynaudio Audience 72 (about 2 years old) and want to upgrade the electronics in my system (currently have nad cd/ 352 integrated). My budget is 4-5k USD. I have a some music on my mac/iTunes. Types of music that I listen to include Mark Knopfler (fav.), older rock bands and some vocals. I will add a turntable later, maybe next year. When I do upgrade my speakers it would most likely be a Dynaudio.

Question

I was considering either the Simaudio Moon i3.3 or the Bryston B100SST with all options (DAC and Phono). Which one do you recommend? Now, read a whathifi review where you say the dac within the i3.3 is not as good as some others and you rate the bryston bda-1 highly. Also read a lot on how well simaudio seems to work with dynaudios.

So, shd I go with an simaudio i3.3 (with dac/phono) or a bryston b100sst (with dac/phono) or the bryston bda-1 with the simaudio i3.3 or i5.3.

Highly appreciate a response from anyone who has experience with these. I just cant find a dealer here who has dynaudios, bryston and simaudio.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Bryston for me.

I found SimAudio amps are lacking something! CD players are pretty awesome, the supernova is still one of my favourate outside marantz CD7.

The cheaper amps like the i-1 are perfectly alright for the price range but I recently have a long listen to evoi-7 and while it has so much details and believeable soundstage, I thought it is pretty much outclass by a few names at that price point....soul was missing!

However I haven't heard the 3 range (the i-1 and i-5 are very good if not the best in class) so I am not helping really, sorry
emotion-10.gif

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
my i3rs is a little on the warm side, when i had it partnered with dynaudio focus 110's i found the overall tone to be a bit too dark sounding. i've never heard bryston but the reputation is "muscle", something your dyns might appreciate. krell would probably work well with them as well but don't think they do anything with in built dac.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman, Thanks. Would you recommend an alternate product(s). I may have better luck finding a dealer here that sells those.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Craig. Tomorrow, I plan to listen the bryston.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts