Dynaudio to launch 2 new speakers

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I have it from a good source that Dynaudio is about to launch 2 new additions to the DM line. A new 2.5 way floorstanding DM speaker and a new center channel DM speaker. This will allow the DM series to be used for a full home theater setup. I guess a DM sub is next...

Hi jaxwired

The two new models in Dynaudio's DM series will be the DM 3/7 floorstand and DM Centre channel speakers.

Each DM 3/7 will use two bass drive units (as useed in the DM 2/7) and the DM centre will use two bass drive units (as used in the DM 2/6) either side of the HF unit. The new models will use the same HF unit as the rest of the DM series.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi

Im waiting for my new 5.1 system. I have ordered the following dynaudio speakers:

dm 3/7

dm 2/6

dm centre

sub 500

But I havent heard the 3/7 so im wondering why no reviews of the new dm models ??

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
You are a lucky man... Report back with your own review.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I got the DM 2/6 and the 3/7 home yesterday, but I decided to unpack and connect the small 2/6 first,,,

The big and clean sound from these "small shoebox" speakers connected to a technics class A amp is so amazing!

Im really enjoying my favorite albums, dynaudio speakers really does play all kind of music very convincing, even my girlfriends music now manages to hold my ears attention.

While typing this Im listening to on of my long time favorite albums: Pink floyd the wall. The detail and sound image is just perfect.

I have always hated lowbitrate Mp3 files, but used to think 192k variable was fine. The DM 2/6s have made me search the house for my old and dusty CDs.

Now Im actually thinking DM 2/6+3/7+Centre and a sub500 is way overkill for my small living room... But maybe I will move to something bigger one day. Can you have to much sweat clean sound??

If everything goes as planned I will connect the 3/7s tomorrow.

The DM Centre speaker is delayed untill december, but thats fine as I dont even have a surround amp yet.

A

Anonymous

I have been using the DM 3/7s for about a week now and they do not dissapoint
emotion-2.gif

Comparing to the small but brilliant 2/6 stand speakers, the floor standing 3/7s have a bit more headroom in the middle and a lot more in the low tones. So Dynaudios marketing statement about the DM 3/7 very powerful, dynamic bass performance is true.

3/7 is very detailed and neutral, so I only use the direct pure mode on my amp, no need for trible or bas adjustment. The speakers sound wonderful with all kind of music, classic, jazz, rock, techno or what ever
emotion-21.gif
You don't really need the assistance from a sub in a small or medium size room.

Using the 3/7s for TV audio from my HTPC is pure joy. I can hear a lot of detail, even at low volume. The stereo image is so embracing its sometimes like surround.

Overall I am very pleased with the DM 3/7. In fact I cant find any negative to write about them, but my girlfriend likes the DM 2/6 more because they are small but sound big... She mainly plays pop music at medium volume.

So if you are shopping floor standing hifi speakers in the 2-3000$/par range, don't forget dynaudios "budget" floorstander.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Cheers WW
emotion-2.gif
, glad you like the new kit! Sounds fantastic. I agree with your girlfriend in the sense that all the little Dyns provide the most wow factor since you just never stop being amazed by the way they appear to bend the laws of hifi.

If possible, post some pics. I'd love to see the DM 3/7s...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts