Dynaudio Focus 110 and Musical Fidelity X series Amp and CD player

A

Anonymous

toybits:
Hi.

Any ideas if the Dynaudio Focus 110s would match the Musical Fidelity X series?

Thank you and regards.

If it's the XT100 amp then the bass might sound a little overblown with the Focus 110. It will depend on the placement too but it has to be worth checking out. This is where you say that you can't because it's a Web deal...

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
toybits:

Hi.

Any ideas if the Dynaudio Focus 110s would match the Musical Fidelity X series?

Thank you and regards.

I've heard both products seperately (but never together), but if I had to guess what they'd sound like, I'd say: The opposite of 'bright' (Dull?).... So I'd expect a totally inoffensive and probably boring treble.... but that's just a guess, so you're still best off auditioning for yourself...

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't call the sound of MF amps as dull or boring in the treble, but rather pleasant. It's nice to find hifi these days that doesn't strip the paint from walls. It's a subjective game so audition is the way to go.

Personally I would be considering something like the Neat Motive range to match with the MF amps. Alternatively PMC, Opera and Ruark might work well.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:igglebert:....and a Quad 405 in the drawer....

Catching, isn't it.
It fits nicely and out of sight out of mind; out of mind leads to next purchase...

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:I wouldn't call the sound of MF amps as dull or boring in the treble, but rather pleasant. It's nice to find hifi these days that doesn't strip the paint from walls. It's a subjective game so audition is the way to go. Personally I would be considering something like the Neat Motive range to match with the MF amps. Alternatively PMC, Opera and Ruark might work well.

I'm not knocking the sound of MF....I love the sound of MF paired with 'bright' speakers such as Monitor Audio... But I imagine that a combo of Dynaudio Focus (which I found to be nowhere near bright) and MF (usually good at taming bright speakers) would make the overall sound too tame.... Much like putting together bright speakers with bright electronics is likely to be painful...

TRENDING THREADS