Dynaudio DM 2/6 - worth a gamble?

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
A friend of a friend recently moved house and is getting some floorstanders. His year old Dynaudio DM 2/6 speakers are getting traded in against the new speakers next week. I have got first refusal and can buy them for the same price as he is trading them in for. The downside is that I will not have a chance to audition them and will have to buy blind. Now, I shortlisted them when I bought my current Totem Dreamcatchers, but never got to hear them. However, it is said that Dynaudio and Naim are a great match, and even my old NAC62/NAP90 combination should manage to get a tune out of them. So, is it worth a £200 gamble? I suppose that I could always sell them on and not lose too much, even though they appear to be a discontinued model now. Any thoughts on what they might give me that is different to the Dreamcatchers? I am expecting a bit more attack, precision and a touch more bass.

Good little speakers these. Your amp should be good enough to do them justice.

However you can now pick them up for £360 new so buying for 200 might be ok and if you didn't like them you could propably sell them on for the same price.

Not too sure how different they would be to your Dreamcatchers as I've never heard those.

lilneige

May 3, 2013
Visit site
NJB said:
Any thoughts on what they might give me that is different to the Dreamcatchers? I am expecting a bit more attack, precision and a touch more bass.

DM 2/6 is a smooth sounding speaker, so I am not sure about if you can get more attack with DM 2/6. Base on the spec given by the two manufactures, DM 2/6 does have a bit more of bass response 50Hz vs 57Hz +/- 3dB. If you trust those numbers, maybe you can count on getting a bit more bass.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi NJB,

I auditioned Tannoys, KEF LS50, R100 and Concept 20s. The Dynaudio DM2/7s won hands down to my ears, so bought them. Not heard the 2/6s, but the 7s have articulate, tunefull bass. They are a quality product with drivers built in house. 4ohm, need a good amp like yours and a bit of space. Worth a punt, IMHO

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi, in an interesting twist he has now corrected his email to me. The speakers are actually Dynaudio DM 2/7. I dont think that this changes much, although it bothers me that the online reviews seem to concentrate on saying how loud they will go. It gives a mental impression that they are all 'blood and guts' and that normal music at normal volumes might not be their strong point.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Mine are quite happy at normal levels but are definitely at their happiest when you turn up the volume.

For £200 as already stated you could easily sell them on if you weren't happy with them and recoup your money

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've heard both 26 and 27s and there is a difference in the two.to me...I would describe the 27s as having larger all round scale....and more realistic bass. I love mine....for £200....would say you have to buy them.....you could even sell them for £300 probably if you didn't like. I don't turn mine too loud as my room is about 4m by 5m so don't need to be too loud to feel the music. The dyns are very fast speakers as noted in reviews and to me.they seem to pick up so much detail compared to others I have heard.leading and trail notes are very evident. They are smooth and warm sounding...but with a great high pitched...but not harsh tweeter. They are good at low volumes for me with my amp.I'd def buy em....£200 I reckon you'd be v happy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts