Dynaudio 52 se vs Dynaudio Focus 110

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just recently upgraded my electronics to an Arcam FMJ pairing, CD36 & A32, currently running through a pair of Audience 42's, which are my current speakers, and were used in the test. My next upgrade will be the speakers, I am considering the Focus 110, however I have just added the 52 se's to my shortlist, as they are available Brand new for £650. Have any readers tested the two Dyns together, if so what are the differences sonically, also any other suggestions for the FMJ pairing are welcome, only stand mounts however.

A

Anonymous

I have heard both and my initial thoughts were that the Focus range were more refined and detailed, especially at lower volumes. They are both thirsty beasts though, and need plenty of power to drive them to their full potential.

The audience range is being phased out shortly, hence the lower prices. It may be worth holding out for further price decreases?

Where did you see the 52se for £650?

A

Anonymous

Moorgate acoustics have many special offers at the moment.

A

Anonymous

I found the SE product very close to the Focus to be honest and very different to the standard models from which they were developed. The fMj stuff is supposed to be very good so would think that the 52SE would be criminally good in combination and at that price you can't go wrong. I saw a SH pair on ebay for that price a month or so ago.
What about some 72SE's though?

TRENDING THREADS