DVR for Sky

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I don't have Sky Plus (only standard Sky TV) but i wanted to find a way where i can record sky tv programmes onto a DVR or something similar so i can watch programmes at a later time. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Correct me if wrong, but I think it's possible to have the HD box and not pay a subscription, so you only get the 'free' HD channels and can't record anything.

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
That's correct Andrew. I inherited the box but i can't record anything as i've not got a subscription to Sky+ or Sky HD. I don't want to pile up my subscription costs as i'm already running multiroom for the family and i never manage to watch enough TV to justify it. I was just looking for a cheap solution where i can record certain Sat programmes that i do enjoy watching but sometimes miss during the week.

I've found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emprex-ME1-V2-500GB-500GB-Player-Recorder/dp/B002JIX12K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296496207&sr=8-2

Does anyone have any experience with this gadget?

daveh75

gosalh:
That's correct Andrew. I inherited the box but i can't record anything as i've not got a subscription to Sky+ or Sky HD. I don't want to pile up my subscription costs as i'm already running multiroom for the family and i never manage to watch enough TV to justify it. I was just looking for a cheap solution where i can record certain Sat programmes that i do enjoy watching but sometimes miss during the week.

I've found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emprex-ME1-V2-500GB-500GB-Player-Recorder/dp/B002JIX12K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296496207&sr=8-2

Does anyone have any experience with this gadget?

Should work, providing it has the right audio/video inputs (which it doesn't specify in the description, other than it has a wide range of video ports)

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
if you have a multiroom subscription you shouldn't have to pay extra for sky+. sky don't publish this but sky+ (not HD) is a free service to anyone with a subscription. i have just acquired a sky+ box from a friend, phoned their helpline and got them to pair the box with my viewing card. i now have the sky+ functions on my basic subscription at no extra charge.

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ah i didn't know that. Their customer services never specified this either. Thanks for the info! I will chase this up.

daveh75

gosalh:
Ah i didn't know that. Their customer services never specified this either. Thanks for the info! I will chase this up.
Do you have a viewing card/subscription for the box? From your previous post i assumed you was just using if for viewing FTA channels?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Which is why I asked about the SKYHD box - if he's already paying for HD etc he has a subscription already and it follows the recording facility is available.
emotion-1.gif

Of course he may have multiroom on another box and this could be a 3rd...

FULL details required for a correct answer methinx!?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts