DVD upscaling.....

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I was looking at just buying an older DVD player like the Pioneer DV-LX50 and teh Oppo DV-983H just for dvd playback which i can get for about £60-70 each

How does the Sony BDP370 compare to these in terms of DVD upscaling??

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I've got 3 in fact.....
emotion-10.gif

Just wanted something primarily for DVD playback, that s why I was asking if the Sony 370 would be a big improvement on my Sony 550

emotion-21.gif

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I don't feel there's any big advantage in a standalone DVd player than the newer BluRay decks.

My XDE500 I thought was very good, but the Samsung C6900 blew it away for upscaling. Much more detail.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I also have the Toshiba XDE500 and it blows away my Sony BDP-370, although ive only had for a week and may need some more tweeking i can't seem to get to upscale very good at all. Infact from my experience with it at the moment it does not even improve over my fat PS3. It's not connected to the internet and im not planning on upgrading any software unless some discs don't load, but it's a good improvement for blu-rays.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
IMHO to get a substantial improvement with DVD upscaling over budget BD decks you have to look at high-end DVD players or BD decks.

With my equipment regarding DVD playback the order would be PS3(fat) Sony S760 and then my Denon DVD3930 which far superior over the S760

A

Anonymous

You could always look at a DVDO edge: anchorbaytech.com/dvdo_edge/product.php
Not sure which anchor bay chip is on it, but for around £500 I bet it's better than most.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
DVDO EDGE High-Definition Video Processor sounds very sexy, but I coulcn't justify that though. As its only for DVD primarliy then BD I might as well get the Oppo BDP83 or the new one

I did eye up the Toshiba XDE600, as the NTSC discs can be viewed 1080p 24fps...when made multiregioned

oh I don't know!!!!
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts