DVD upscaling - current crop of Blu-Rays vs my Tosh HD-EP35?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have the Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD player and one of my main reasons for choosing it at the time were the great comments regarding DVD upscaling. It's been fantastic with DVDs (& thankfully I didn't have time to invest in a huge HD-DVD library) but I'm now considering a Blu-Ray player. I'm looking at the entry-level players (e.g. Sony 360 area) and wondering whether this level of Blu-Ray would trail, equal or surpass my Tosh for DVD upscaling. I'm not intending spending a fortune on a Blu-Ray as I expect I'd replace it reasonably quickly once there's more choice of players with decent built-in storage and Wireless receivers.

If anyone has experience with the EP35 and current Blu-Ray players then I'd appreciate opinions.

Cheers,

Rob

A

Anonymous

I've also got the EP35 aswell as an E1, EP10 and XE1. For BD I have the Panny 30, 35 & PS3. From my experience, the XE1 is the best & the PS3 the worst. I can't notice any difference between the rest for upscaling.

I therefore wouldn't expect you to notice any discernible difference between the EP35 & 360 for upscaling.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Thanks.

I only see myself buying a few Blu-Ray titles in the near future (dearth of catalogue for my kinds of film & price) so performance with DVD is critical. Am please you see so little variability (beyond the PS3). It's going through to a Panny 1080i plasma so possibly not the most demanding display.

Rob

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
pejwright:
I've also got the EP35 aswell as an E1, EP10 and XE1. For BD I have the Panny 30, 35 & PS3. From my experience, the XE1 is the best & the PS3 the worst. I can't notice any difference between the rest for upscaling.

I therefore wouldn't expect you to notice any discernible difference between the EP35 & 360 for upscaling.

Hope this helps.

How manys screens do you have??!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts