DVD to Receiver Connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting the samsung DVDHD870 and the onkyo 605. How is the best way to connect them to my panasonic th37px70 (2 HDMI). I also have sky hd.

Please help me I'm clueless!

A

Anonymous

With a video upscaling amp go dvd - amp - tv using the hdmi cable as there is no need for a separate audio cable and you can use the onkyo for upscaling if you wish and still use the amp audio when watching broadcast tv.

A

Anonymous

Can you connect a DVD player (e.g. Marantz DV6001) to a receiver (e.g. Onkyo TX-SR605) via HDMI and then the receiver to the TV via HDMI too? Presumably the HDMI output on such a DVD player would transmit the sound as well as video, or would the sound have to be connected to the receiver via coaxial? I'm not clear on how this is achieved...

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Wowsers. Thanks very much for the response and link, Andy - there's certainly a lot to take in!

My system will be:

TV: Pioneer PDP-428XD

DVD player: Marantz DV6001

Eventually, receiver (Onkyo TX-SR605) and speakers (hopefully, the KEF KHT-3005se)

I've looked at the product specs. and cannot find anything to indicate whether the purely HDMI idea would work. Would connecting the DVD player to the TV and then sending the audio from the DVD player to the receiver via coaxial be the safer option?

I would be very upset by dialogue and lip movements being out of sync'!

Many thanks to anyone who can help with this - I'm a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to the 'ins' and 'outs' of technology.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts