Dvd Player To Suit Pana42PX70 Plasma up to £250

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi People, After purchasing a brand spanking new plasma which by the way looks HUGE in my room lol, I was looking for a Dvd player capable enough to give me a mint picture as my samsung 860 upscaler aint cutting the mustard as this tv deserves colemans! Any suggestions from people who have this tv would be great! also, I was thinking of adding a PS3, would this be much better with a standard dvds than my samsung player? I know blu-ray should be great. Much appreciated. Paul

A

Anonymous

Both the PS3 that you mention, and also the Toshiba HD-EP35 are very good HD players (Blu-ray and HD-DVD respectively) are very good value for money (both £200 to £300 roughly), and do a pretty good job upscaling standard-def DVDs aswell. The PS3 probably does upscale better than your old Samsung. However, I do believe that there is good reason to not rush to buy an HD player seeing as the format war is far from over, and both formats still seem to be ironing out glitches. Despite the PS3 and Toshiba HD-EP35 being good at upscaling standard-def, they won't be as good as a standalone deck, and seeing as DVDs will be with us for a long time yet, as well as the fact that you probably already have quite an extensive collection of DVDs, it's a really good idea to spend your money on a really good DVD player that will make the most out of all your DVDs, upscaling them (and doing this well) to near high-def quality. For this reason I would strongly suggest that you go for the Denon DVD-1940 which is listed at £250, perfectly suiting your budget, but available online for under £200 which would leave you with £50 to spend on a top quality HDMI cable. This player will certainly deliver massively improved picture and sound quality compared to your Samsung. Definately check it out. Don't rule out the PS3 or Toshiba though - it's just that I really do believe that the Denon would be a much more shrewd purchase, all things considered. I hope I have been of some help to you Paul.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Paulthefilmfan"]Hi People, After purchasing a brand spanking new plasma which by the way looks HUGE in my room lol, I was looking for a Dvd player capable enough to give me a mint picture as my samsung 860 upscaler aint cutting the mustard as this tv deserves colemans! Any suggestions from people who have this tv would be great! also, I was thinking of adding a PS3, would this be much better with a standard dvds than my samsung player? I know blu-ray should be great. Much appreciated. Paul[/quote]

Getting rid of my Huge 3 month old 42inch plasma for a more respectaable 37inch size TV. Meanwhile go for the Denon DVD 1940 £170 from Richer Sounds online

A

Anonymous

Hi Paul,

BenjaminHart has once again got it pretty much spot-on. If you're not fussed about HD playback, the Denon DVD-1940 is the DVD player to go for, though the PS3, Toshiba EP35 and Sony S300 all do a grand job of upscaling, too. Interestingly, we will be doing a comparison of these and other top disc players from an HD vs. standard DVD perspective in a coming issue.

A

Anonymous

Sweet, Sounds good to me.

Thanks to both of you for the advice and I think I will wait it out for the issue to get one that will do the job!

Happy New Year All!!!

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts