DVD player to be used as a CD player as well.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Howdy...

I'm after suggestions for a decent DVD player that i can use for my CDP as well.

Reson being is that my Arcam alpha 9 has gone weird and started to die on its own accord and i dont want to have to shell out £££ to get it repaired (again).

So having read through some old posts i'd like to see what peoples ideas would be to replace my CDP with a decent DVD player that i can use for music playback as well. Please bear in mind that i'd like to stick to Arcam if possible.

This could also allow me to buy myself a record player and external phono amp that ive been craving for, for some months now...

Thanks

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Got to be this really........

At £300 for the 135 you would be mad to consider a 2nd hand DV88. Mad!!!!!!

Just get a 135 before they run out of stock.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:

Yes Mum... :)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
d_a_n1979:JoelSim:

Yes Mum... :)

Judging by the fact that your arms are thicker than my legs I'll be careful what I say.

The DV88 is an old entry-level player. The 135 got rave reviews when launched as a universal player. My DV79 is nowhere near as good as my 192 for CDs, mind you the picture is better with DVDs!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:It's even made me consider getting one.........

Well you won't need a BluRay with an Arcam DVD. Picture quality is superb.

John Duncan

Yeah, it's justifying 300 quid for a DVD player I'm having trouble with, since I don't even have an HD telly in the sitting room. Oh, and never watch films at home (only on my laptop during commute). Oh, and it's not black. Oh, and I'd be deid.....

A

Anonymous

Or you could get a marantz dv7001 unless you want a Cdp thats can be used as a cure for insomnia ;-)

John Duncan

garethwd:Or you could get a marantz dv7001 unless you want a Cdp thats can be used as a cure for insomnia ;-)

Not for 300 quid you can't
emotion-2.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Yeah, it's justifying 300 quid for a DVD player I'm having trouble with, since I don't even have an HD telly in the sitting room. Oh, and never watch films at home (only on my laptop during commute). Oh, and it's not black. Oh, and I'd be deid.....

But 66% saving. She'd be impressed.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
JohnDuncan:It's even made me consider getting one.........

Well you won't need a BluRay with an Arcam DVD. Picture quality is superb.

True its a great DVD player but cant compare with blu ray!

John Duncan

JoelSim:
JohnDuncan:Yeah, it's justifying 300 quid for a DVD player I'm having trouble with, since I don't even have an HD telly in the sitting room. Oh, and never watch films at home (only on my laptop during commute). Oh, and it's not black. Oh, and I'd be deid.....

Yeah but is silver, couldn't just slip it into the rack in place of the Pioneer. And frankly, the three-year-old would freak out at having to learn another remote control.........

A

Anonymous

just thought id add my 2 cents worth. the DV88 is a great player for cds (much better than the CD7T i had prior) and the DV88+ is another step up from the DV88. now obviously these players arent going to be as good as the dv135 (which i am now looking at getting) however, they can be had for around 100 quid on ebay and for that money they represent amazing VFM! they're also pretty decent for playing dvds!

JohnDuncan:JoelSim:

Yeah but is silver, couldn't just slip it into the rack in place of the Pioneer. And frankly, the three-year-old would freak out at having to learn another remote control.........

Primare. . .

A

Anonymous

http://www.rotel.com/UK/products/ProductDetails.htm?Id=464

£250 quid at sevenoaks clearance also got to worth considering

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts