DVD and AV receivers - Space saving options?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was all set to buy a DVD receiver when i was advised that its better to split the DVD and receiver because the DVD tends to "go first" possibly leading to the whole unit being replaced. My issue is space. I only have two "holes" in the unit which are sized:

(HWD) - 140x310x490

(HWD) - 140x480x490

So there are two constraints: (1) the width of one unit - no wider than 31am (2) the height of both - no higher than 14cm. The second of these appears to constrain the receiver choice.

I expect it's harder to get a narrow receiver so assume that slot should go to the DVD.

I'd like the DVD player to feed out through HDMI and to upscale to 1080p (if poss) and to play audio CDs. Main use here is as home cinema.

The main use will be to link to the TV (Full HD Panasonic plasma) and the speakers (starting with a 2.1 q acoustics compact set - 1010i and 1000s).

I also have Sky HD which i'd like to link to the receiver/speakers. That takes up the other slot in the unit.

Any suggestions?

For info i had been about to go for the Onkyo DR-s501 (DVD receiver) until the guy in the shop suggested i should separate the DVD player.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd ignore the man in the shop. Okay, the DVD player in the Onkyo may break within 4-5 years, but as long as the amp part still works, does it matter? I suspect DVD will be pretty redundant in 4 years and even if not, a cheap one isn't going to cost more than £20 - £50 to replace it...

A

Anonymous

You wont get such good quality with a dvd reciever.

Take a look at the cambridge audio azur 540r receiver and the matching 540r dvd player at richer sounds, very slim line and also more capable than most with stereo also great value. These should easily fit on your rack

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts