northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
My Late dad had a Dual turntable and its just sitting at my mums house gathering dust. I hear they were quite good in their day, is this correct?. I'm not sure of the exact model but I will check next time i'm over there. I think it was purchased in the late 70s early 80s

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Well, it's more like what became the Ortofon OM10. Be a little careful with styli, as there are an awful lot of "non-genuine" styli out there that have conical diamonds, not elliptical as was first fitted.

Now, a conical tip isn't going to ruin your records, but it won't bring out the best of them either. They are cheap though (my 7-yr old daughter has a conical ebay-special on her 505/2 which cost about a tenner and sounds fine to her ears!)...

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
What!? (smacks forehead with palm) You didn't instantly recognise my superior wit, higher knowledge and Brummie accent? I was wondering why you and others were being so civil towards me, lol. :)

I thought the fact I posted up huge pics on that other tt related thread, which gave Andrew something useful to do, would have had the corporal scampering to the air-raid siren.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I just kept schtum ,i like marmalade too.
emotion-4.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
manicm:So whatever became of Dual, were they not at one stage taken over by Philips?

Im pretty sure that i read they are still going and were about to release a new TT earlier in the year AFAIA, will check up on this. Not sure if its hit blighty yet, or if its a figbox of my imagination. Time to dive into my mag stash.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
They look very dated, like new models that have time-travelled from the 70s. I wonder how they compare to the current Pro-ject budget decks.

BTW, floyd droid, who are you in other fora?

John Duncan

gpi:They look very dated, like new models that have time-travelled from the 70s. I wonder how they compare to the current Pro-ject budget decks.

BTW, floyd droid, who are you in other fora?

There are other fora?

matthewpiano

Note the similarity to the budget end of the Thorens range.

I remember reading a review of the re-released CS505-4. It was priced at Rega P3-24 levels. None starter, especially with so many older CS505-4 decks around for £50 or less.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
LOL :eek:)

Who snuck that post in? Don't worry, I wasn't 'lolling' to you.

Edit: Ah, he's an MP, used to butting in then. :eek:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts