Downloading better than CD?

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I have heard Naim has a site for downloading better than CD quality. Im a itunes and mac user. Any ideas out there and is this possible better than CD from a computer burner to your CD player?

T

the record spot

Depends on the quality it's being offered at: Linn offers a master quality download, so it may be this is a parallel offering from Naim. Sounds interesting, but it all depends on the mastering for me and CD can be rather good if you find a well produced and mastered disc.

A

Anonymous

As I recently bought some B&W speakers they gave me a three month subscription for society of sound for free and I must say it's fun to have. It alows you to discover some nice music.

If you are into jazz and stuff you might give them a go.

T

the record spot

chebby:
the record spot:Linn offers a master quality download, so it may be this is a parallel offering from Naim.

I don't think Naim and Linn have collaberated on anything for donkey's years despite people still associating them together. I think they 'fell out' when Naim ventured into speakers, CD players and tone-arms and/or Linn started making amps. (Or something like that.)

I was really thinking that this would be a similar offering rather than related at the organisational level; so, master quality downloads, etc. Not looked at either site and Linn's not for ages now. They have a some good SACDs on general sale in the shops and I tend to be pretty happy with the ones I have, but a lot tend to be the kind of thing that would sound good at a hi-fi show (if you get my drift), rather than anything else!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts