Download festival

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering who is going on here to the download festival as I want to see Ozzy for the last time as he is retiring and a chance to see Guns & Roses for the first time .

anyway I’ve not been to a concert for years but really want to go but what’s the best way of attending this concert as I’ve looked on the website and it says camping obviously for the weekend .

does anyone know can you just go for just the day to see the artists I am interested in seeing then go home or would they be billed separately over the weekend

? As I see the tickets per person is £175 each obviously that price must be for the weekend ?

I was thinking of go up on the bus which the nearest to me is Cambridge up to download festival and then bus takes us back home as I have got a car but do not want to drive that distance .

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
I was wondering who is going on here to the download festival as I want to see Ozzy for the last time as he is retiring and a chance to see Guns & Roses for the first time .

Try Graspop in Belguim. Ozzy, Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden, and the best festival crowd going. Ironically I was there in 2007 for Ozzy, Aerosmith and Iron Maiden. You can stay in a hotel nearby and get the free shuttle service. We were in the same hotel as the Iron Maiden road crew. Stay in a hotel and your back will appreciate it after 4 days of festival watching.

What makes the crowd so good at Graspop? They go down the front to watch their favourite band and then return to the back afterwards. You nearly always get a good view of the bands you want to see. It's very different to Donington where the first people in stay selfishly down the front all day.

Loads other to see including Iced Earth, Volbeat, Hollywood Vampires (Alice Cooper and Joe Perry), Judas Priest, Tremonti, Marilyn Manson, Megadeath, Sons of Apollo (Mike Portnoy, Ron Thall), Shinedown, The Darkness, Ghost, Black Stone Cherry and about 100 others.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok so the download festival here in the uk will be hard to see the bands because everyone wants to get to the front and they hog the front which is a shame .

if I was going on my own I would get to the front but wanted to take the wife as she has never seen Ozzy in concert but it’s unpractical with the wife but the uk venue would of been the better option for us really .

i did look to see if Ozzy was doing any other venues in the uk but the download festival was it nothing else but Guns & Roses is what I wanted to see as I’ve seen Ozzy 8 or 9 times over the years .

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
if I was going on my own I would get to the front but wanted to take the wife as she has never seen Ozzy in concert but it’s unpractical with the wife but the uk venue would of been the better option for us really .

i did look to see if Ozzy was doing any other venues in the uk but the download festival was it nothing else but Guns & Roses is what I wanted to see as I’ve seen Ozzy 8 or 9 times over the years .

OK. As far as I know, Download is 3 day tickets only. Don't forget to add in fees to the £175. Of course, you can still just go for 2 days for GnR and Ozzy. So stay in a hotel and take the wife out locally on the day off would be my suggestion. I think you can book a hotel package with a ticket and then you get the bus from the hotel to the festuval, but best to check, as my memory is getting worse!

In summary, drive to the hotel and leave the car there. Attend for 2 days and take the wife out shopping on the spare day, and not just shopping at Musicraft!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts