Downgrading Sky HD - what about BBC/ITV HD

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently on the all singing and dancing £58 sky world HD package and have been for the last 4 years.

Only problem is that the family hardly watch TV anymore other than BBC's, ITV's the odd sky one, disney channel and the animal planet channels.

I have fallen out of love with football. I enjoy cricket (and obviously will want to watch some of the ashes series - but I may be able to get by just about on the terrestrial highlights) and will be giving the Ryder Cup a battering this weekend.

If I down spec to the basic sky plus package, will I still get the free BBC and ITV HD channels and more importantly, will I be able to record them on the planner.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I remember speaking to Sky several years ago about changing my package and they said that their busiest time for package changing was a few days before and a few days after the Ryder cup when people added sports and then took it straight back away. So I'll make that call at the back end of next week to ensure I'm not on hold for hours....

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Yes, as well as BBC HD and ITV1 HD, you'd get C4 HD, Five HD and Luxe TV HD and BBC1 HD when it launches in November.

will these be able to be recorded in hi-def on my sky box if I only pay the basic £19 subscription.
I only logged on to ask the very same question as the OP.
thanks

daveh75

mohawk:daveh75:Yes, as well as BBC HD and ITV1 HD, you'd get C4 HD, Five HD and Luxe TV HD and BBC1 HD when it launches in November.

will these be able to be recorded in hi-def on my sky box if I only pay the basic £19 subscription.
I only logged on to ask the very same question as the OP.
thanksYep...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts