Dont want to do a rubbish job. Any Help wanted many thanks

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi im a electrician and a gentleman who happens to have 20-25k set up has ask me to put a seperate circuit in for his hifi. I want to do the best possible job as he seems important it could well lead to more work.

I was planning on pulling new tails into a garage board and running 4mm t&e to the room. Heres were the questions start

- one i know rcds are bad so i will avoid them but are mcb's bad for noise as i may try and find another breaket type.
- I have rang a hi end shop in london up and been told that round pin sockets with no switches are best and not standard sockets and coming to think of it my multimeter gives differant results on same socket when plugged and i preper to get to the terminals if possible.

- do i need to take a single earth to create an earth ring to help and do i have worry about parallel earth paths.

- As the customer is always right its up to me to buy into this theroy and offer a good service. (as myself i have a sun 2k setup in a domestic house ring with irons washers all sorts and am not to sure how far you take this until it get silly)

- ac or dc thinking ups supply might be best.

- pictures,links comments most welcome many thanks simon

last thing i was thinking garage board 4mm , 6mm earth as well there then maybe run the hifi off a top ups supply would that be as good as gets.

Hi smuggs, I was going to suggest a peruse of the Russ Andrews site, but cannot seem to find the guides to actually doing mains wiring they used to publish. This might be because it has been overtaken by the latest regulations. But he still supplies very good, though pricy, accessories, sockets and the like.

No conection other than I use his very good extension sockets and leads.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for the reply Ill try that russ andrews company on tuesday many thanks. It really is a grey area im sure all the customer is really the best supply possible so he can be content that hes is listening to the best possible sound from his setup in hes surroundings that can be produced.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
smuggs said:
Hi im a electrician and a gentleman who happens to have 20-25k set up has ask me to put a seperate circuit in for his hifi. I want to do the best possible job as he seems important it could well lead to more work.

I was planning on pulling new tails into a garage board and running 4mm t&e to the room. Heres were the questions start

- one i know rcds are bad so i will avoid them but are mcb's bad for noise as i may try and find another breaket type. - I have rang a hi end shop in london up and been told that round pin sockets with no switches are best and not standard sockets and coming to think of it my multimeter gives differant results on same socket when plugged and i preper to get to the terminals if possible.

- do i need to take a single earth to create an earth ring to help and do i have worry about parallel earth paths.

- As the customer is always right its up to me to buy into this theroy and offer a good service. (as myself i have a sun 2k setup in a domestic house ring with irons washers all sorts and am not to sure how far you take this until it get silly)

last thing i was thinking garage board 4mm , 6mm earth as well there then maybe run the hifi off a top ups supply would that be as good as gets.

Try the Naim Forum either in the HiFi Corner or the Padded Cell. I found that on Naim Forums the participants are very knowlegeable in such matters, and if not give you the exact answer will certainly point you in the right direction for information you specifically require.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
smuggs said:

- one i know rcds are bad so i will avoid them but are mcb's bad for noise as i may try and find another breaket type. - I have rang a hi end shop in london up and been told that round pin sockets with no switches are best and not standard sockets and coming to think of it my multimeter gives differant results on same socket when plugged and i preper to get to the terminals if possible.

Try the Naim Forum either in the HiFi Corner or the Padded Cell. I found that on Naim Forums the participants are very knowlegeable in such matters, and if not give you the exact answer will certainly point you in the right direction for information you specifically require.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Wire it up any way that you like! Anybody who will spend money on a separate mains supply is gullible enough to believe anything so I suggest that you say that you have installed "magic crystals" and ask for an extra £1,000.

Chris

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I tend to agree, though admire your commitment to do a good job. I guess if you are confident with him regarding the audio specification he will be pleased. Tell him he does not need it he will get somebody else to provide what he thinks he needs!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts