Does it matter which input I use to connect a phono stage to my arcam AVR200????

jonnyavery

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I have recently aquired a turntable and bought a phono stage and just wondered if it matters which input on my arcam AVR200 I connect it to? At the moment its just in one of the AUX inputs VCR I think but sound comes out whichever source I choose! is this right???? Sounds amazing though!

Any other comments welcomed! cheers!

Sony PS T22 turntable, Pro-ject phono box SE, Arcam CD72, AVR200, FMJP25, Monitor audio GR10s(front), radius 225(centre), B&W 601(rear) chord carnival, chord chamelion

jonnyavery

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Cheers,

the tape loop isn't switched on.

which is the AV?

At present I have it plugged into the 3rd bank of inputs from the left and 3rd from the top. Doesn't really say what it is! just says audio at the bottom. I'm presuming its an input!

It does come through when I press CD, AUX, VCR, DVD and SAT (sounds best through aux)could it be that all of these are connected and by pressing the button you just choose how the processer deals with it? or do you think my amp is broken?(hope not)

Its not really a problem because I never have more than one source playing at once, I was just wondering which was the best input to use!

If you could describe where to stick it that would be much appreciated!! LOL!

John Duncan

I only have a '250 manual to work with, but there was an input marked 'AV'. Basically, any that isn't the VCR or PVR in - because they're both "tape loops" so there exists the possibility that they could be heard whatever source is selected.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:arcam avr 200 manual here but doesn't appear to be helpful, the inputs aren't markedTypical... That's like a map that doesn't indicate North.

Messiah

They are marked. Zoom your pages in guys!

From what you described it looks as though you had it in the VCR input as you said so unfortunately cannot say why it is working on all inputs.

(As JD said try Sat. Third in from the left at the bottom)

jonnyavery

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
BRILLIANT!!!!

Thanks so much for your help guys! got it plugged into the sat input now and there's no crossover to the other inputs at all!

seems like this is the input it's gonna stay in!!

Cheers!

(please see my next question on how to set my deck up!)

TRENDING THREADS