does anyone know of hifi shops that buy second hand stuff from you?

John Duncan

Practically all of them, provided it's an item they can turn a profit on. But since they need to do just that, you'll typically find that they won't pay you very much - eBay is by far the best route to go down if you want to make what it's worth, particularly with something like an F80 which is highly sought after......

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Quite a few do trade ins but I'm not sure how many would just buy it from you on its own.

Why not sell it on A-V Forums* or www.hififorsale.com for free? I've bought and sold quite a lot of gear on those sites.

*You need to Google that (without the dash) if you aren't familar with the site because it won't allow me to post the address.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
thanks for the reply. im trying to re-coup some of my money back so i can but a seperates system. i love the f80 but i feel i made a mistake in buying it because i would have got better value for money going the seperates way.

John Duncan

From whom did you buy it in the first place? If it's a hifi retailer they may look favourably on a trade-in on better terms if you're moving to separates. If you bought it from John lewis you're stuffed, of course......

A

Anonymous

ebay has been the cheapest way for me to sell hifi and I would heartily recommend it. hififorsale was no cheaper...

A

Anonymous

DistortedVision:Huh? How did you work that out? hififorsale is free.
Beg your pardon I was thinking of http://www.2ndhandhifi.co.uk/ !

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:DistortedVision:Huh? How did you work that out? hififorsale is free. Beg your pardon I was thinking of http://www.2ndhandhifi.co.uk/ ! You're pardoned good sir!

EDITED for house rules violation - Mods

John Duncan

gooner26:
i bought the f80 from grahams hifi

A retailer of repute. You will definitiely make most money from an eBay sale, but you should have a word with Graham's and see if they'll look favourably on a swap.

T

the record spot

igglebert:ebay has been the cheapest way for me to sell hifi and I would heartily recommend it. hififorsale was no cheaper...

Used to be good, but they've altered their fee structure and it's virtually a case of hand over 10% before you do anything else. Never liked the way they double dip the Ebay and PayPal fees either...still, I've bought and sold a fair bit on there, but not sold much of late.

A

Anonymous

Hmm...I'm sure one of my posts has dissapeared...

Anyway: Ebay is always the best bet for selling second hand equipment - quick, reliable and good prices.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts