Does anyone know any dealers that buy second hand kit?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Does anyone know of any dealers in the yorkshire area thay buy second hand goods - i have two pairs of speakers that i am keen to sell and would much prefer to take to a shop than sell on ebay.

With thanks

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Well initially a pair of mint RS8s in Oak and then probably a pair of Focal 908s Classic on the original matching stands filled with atacam atabites which i recently bought on ebay - i love the sound of them but miss the bass or the rs8s a little so was thinking of selling both and buying something else.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
have thought about trying that but not had the time - i have an arcam logo sub as part of my home cinema system and had thought about hooking that up to the stereo with the focals and giving that a blast

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
If you like focal sound it would make sense short of perhaps buying a larger pair of the company's products. Just make sure you try it with a good one or you'll probably never try again. My experience in the past until recently. Now I'm convinced that, if well integrated, a quality sub has many advantages and relatively few negatives.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
well the arcam sub goes pretty deep and is pretty fast and well thought of for music so maybe that should be my first test - i was going to keep the rs8s as well because i do like them but gf says lounge has to many speakers in it now and looks like a hi fi shop!!!!

A

Anonymous

Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield do trade-in / buy secondhand. Give em a bell.

jules.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
i think the simple answer from my quick research is sell them on ebay!!! shops were offering a tiny proportion of their real second hand values - i apreciate they have their costs to cover but was beginning to look like a 100% mark up for sale

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts