Dock systems for travel

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hope this is the right forum for this. I am going traveling for a year with my wife. We like music and dont really want to be without. Our sources are a mark 2 ipod (yes still going two new batteries but no dock) a 3rd gen nano and a decent(ish) netbook.

I fully appreciate the need to compromise but i am looking for a dock with decent sound quality, (it is going to be our only pair of speakers for some time!) needs a 3.5mm input for non ipod dock sources and to be capable of being battery powered, either built in or AAs etc.

I am usually happy to pay for quality (Sonos, rokesan, and B+W have a place in my heart as well as my living room!) but money and space will be limited because of the travelling so i can only spend up to around £100. Klipsch and logiteh seem to be prominant names but suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

yup saw that, liked it, read more, liked it more then.......WHY NO 3.5mm, they are cheap easy to add......WHY!!

A

Anonymous

Awesome thanks, i take it the top three are the stand-out performers sonically as well as for the other features. One random thought given the praise you instinctivly heaped on the purefi anywhere 2. is there a 3.5mm to female ipod dock connector. ie to plug in instead of the ipod to give a 3.5mm plug?? seems possible but is it available.

Must also say thank you for the help so quickly!!

A

Anonymous

I'm fairly sure the Purefi Anywhere 2 has a 3.5mm input on the back. I think the WhatHifi specs are wrong.

John Duncan

oooOOOooo.

Enraged at the slight, JD heads off to look for pictures...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I had to go and double check myself, but it does indeed have it. Got one for my Mum and it's great by the way.

EDIT: I don't recall it taking AA batteries either. Sounds like a ** up to me. Honestly, who runs these websites?

John Duncan

alwatson:
I had to go and double check myself, but it does indeed have it. Got one for my Mum and it's great by the way.

EDIT: I don't recall it taking AA batteries either. Sounds like a ** up to me. Honestly, who runs these websites?

Dunno.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts