Do you suffer from Audiophilia Nervosa?

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I might have a problem when it comes to TVs and Blu-Ray players! I am definitely now saying no more now though, and I am getting a grip again. I have also been diagnosed as having severe ocd, so I guess that doesn't help either. *smile*

gel said:
I think I might have a problem when it comes to TVs and Blu-Ray players! I am definitely now saying no more now though, and I am getting a grip again. I have also been diagnosed as having severe ocd, so I guess that doesn't help either. *smile*

I was going to say buy that Oppo 105D, and then you can wash your hands of it....., but maybe I won't. *biggrin*

D

Deleted member 2457

Al ears said:
gel said:

I was going to say buy that Oppo 105D, and then you can wash your hands of it....., but maybe I won't. *biggrin*
*biggrin*

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
gel said:

Come on Matt, repeat many, many times; I DO HAVE A PROBLEM when it comes to TV'S & BLU-RAY PLAYERS. AND I WILL NOT BUY/EXCHANGE [or otherwise acquire] ANY MORE.

You are a very naughty boy.

D

Deleted member 2457

relocated said:
gel said:

Come on Matt, repeat many, many times; I DO HAVE A PROBLEM when it comes to TV'S & BLU-RAY PLAYERS. AND I WILL NOT BUY/EXCHANGE [or otherwise acquire] ANY MORE.

You are a very naughty boy.
*smile*

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Very happy with the sound from all three systems now and I have no desire to upgrade.

Well maybe a new battery for the MP3 player at some point and I'd still like a smaller DAC/pre-amp that isn't the size of an AVR so I'm still on the look out for anything that might be suitable there. These aren't related to the sound quality though and would just be for convenience and aesthetic reasons so that doesn't count.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
About 15 years ago I think I was at my peak of my obsession with Hi-Fi. I was also a bit sucked into the buzz words spouted by the Hi-Fi press. I used to analyse the sound more than enjoy the music. Then I got into a long term relationship and had more important things to turn my attention to like houses and general stuff for living life.

I'm single again and find myself taking more of an interest in audio again. I've changed my speakers to suit my new listening environment. I've also upgraded my iPod dock to a one with a built in DAC which connects to my amp and I've bought a vintage tuner. Oh and I've just upgraded the DAC for connecting my TV to the system. I now have the option of SACD with a Pioneer Bluray player.

However I do not sit and analise everything like I did back in the day, I'm more inclined to just use the system as it's intended and enjoy the music. I can appreciate it is revealing enough for my needs and I have it set up as well as possible and I just accept it for what it is. To my ears it's the best I've heard.

Hearing a friends Bose lifestyle speaker thingy the other day reinforced to me just how good my system is and what low expectations on sound most people have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts