Do you shake your new cables?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Found this as a tip on a little-known website. Apparently if you shake your new cables before installing them it improves the sound.

Also works with toslink cables, which is handy as I have to buy some tomorrow and can try. I will own to a touch of scepticism, however.

A

Anonymous

I sleep with mine for a week before connecting them up, they love it.

Seriously though, now I really have heard it all.

A

Anonymous

I hang mine in the shed for six months, having rubbed them with salt and spices first. This increases the maturity and tenderness of the sound. I'm experimenting with smoking them but I think this might haze over some of the micro dynamics in favour of a punchier and more powerful sound. Just add red wine to the listener and all of this becomes moot.

A

Anonymous

hahahaha igglebert classic.

on a serious note though i haven't heard anything about that sort of thing but i highly doubt it's true.

you don't know unless you ask though

T

the record spot

Ah the old Snaic Shake...much chuckleness abounds...

idc

Since the supposed sound improvements are all in the mind and not in the cable, this would work. You will now have convinced yourself that the cables are improved, so you will be more enthusiastic about the 'new' sound. Be careful shaking of the cable or you could damage it.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:I hang mine in the shed for six months, having rubbed them with salt and spices first. This increases the maturity and tenderness of the sound. I'm experimenting with smoking them but I think this might haze over some of the micro dynamics in favour of a punchier and more powerful sound. Just add red wine to the listener and all of this becomes moot.

Most marvellous response!
emotion-2.gif

Tarquin, be very careful, if you shake them too hard they will crack like a whip and there is every chance the termination gear will fly off the end. Not good.
emotion-45.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd like to think that any cables requiring shakeage to perform at their best would be delivered ready-shaken, presumably using some dedicated agitation apparatus installed at the factory.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:But don't show her your Snaic.

Given that Mr Duncan's only Naim equipment is a NaimUniti, currently residing in one of our listening rooms while he is on holiday, it's unlikely he'd have use for a SNAIC, let alone the desire to take one on holiday with him.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:igglebert:I'm experimenting with smoking them I think somebody did that over on the website that made the suggestion.

Probably a 20-30 a day chap?

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I'd like to think that any cables requiring shakeage to perform at their best would be delivered ready-shaken, presumably using some dedicated agitation apparatus installed at the factory.

I'm sure the Post Office provide it for free anyway.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps this is what WHF do to make more expensive HDMI cables make the picture look better too?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You may not need a Snaic when using a 'Uniti, but i'll bet some of the internal cable is shaken, so you are still not safe from accusations of 'foo'.

(I have heard tell that Naim R&D actually listen to some of their stuff before it goes to final production! Weirdos.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts