Do you have the new EPG on your Amstrad Sky+ HD Box?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Sky+ HD box is a Amstrad, ive only had it for just a little over a month and when the installer came to fix the box in, the box did not upgrade to the latest EPG.

Is there any other Amstrad HD box owners that are in the same situation or am i one of the few that has not had the new EPG update happen yet?

I have heard people have tried to force update the box and still it remains on the old EPG, is this worth doing or am i suppose to wait until the box updates itself over night whenever it's due?

Regards> M

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK some Amstrad boxes still have yet to be upgraded to the new EPG.

The installer should have done a forced update for you, but if this made no difference then it seems the new EPG hasn't been rolled out to your box yet. There is no other way to get it, you can only wait.

Look out for an email and/or letter when it's almost time.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Liam, i just wandering if there was something wrong going on with my box but glad to hear that there are others in the same boat.

The installer did do a forced update but sadly for me he said i was the only one that the new EPG did not install to for the boxes he was installing that day, then i found about Amstrad boxes and in general how not so good they are compared to the other manufacturers.

But thanks for the re-assurance again ;)

A

Anonymous

Yeah we have the new EPG on the Sky+ HD box at our showroom and it is a bit tricky and confusing to use.

The only reason i wanted the new update is that it includes a "Single LNB Mode" as i have only one LNB in my Sky+ HD box, currently i have allot of failed recordings becuase of the existing software :(

Oldenbroke

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
We had an Amstrad HD box installed on 17th December, and the new EPG

appeared this morning. I don't find it confusing - all the old stuff is there and

easily accessible, plus there is the little preview screen which is quite neat.

Looks more like the freeview EPG, which is a shame.

Loaded the coordinates for ITV HD exactly as Claire posted - worked first time

but no program, only the logo.

A

Anonymous

I have tried the forced update procedure and to my luck it has upgraded to the new EPG, i am a bit confused as why Sky have not contacted me about this but it does not bother me now as i finally can sort out the issue with the failed recordings when having one cable from the LNB.

I can confirm and say that "michael hoy" is bang on as i did the same and asked the Sky installer who installed my box regarding this and he said the same and told me about the forced update and to try it out, plus he also gave me the code for the installer menu on the new update so i can alter the LNB to single feed mode.

So all in all, everything is upto date. In regards to what i think about the new EPG? i can say that it has good things about it, the guide seems to be better and looks sharper on a HD screen, series link recordings are grouped together under one folder etc. but yes i do agree with most that it's not maybe the fastest operation you can hope for comparing against the old EPG which was very fast but i think the new software has some alterations that were needed and overall pretty good.

Thanks to all for your advice on the matter.

Regards> M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts