Do we really need to upgrade to a 3d ready amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
kjh

olijojh

Hiya guys, i dont consider my self as a complete newbie but am a little confused as to why we need 3d ready receivers? i am running sky 3d through my yamaha amp and the 3d is working just fine. i evn connected firectly to my tv to check if there was a change in quality and no difference. so i ask why do we need tostump up the cash to change to 3d amps???

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You absolutely dont need to upgrade for sky 3d to work.. its not full hd 3d.. so will passthrough the 1.3 hmdi spec.. what wont passthrough though is full hd 3d from a blu-ray player.. but there are other options.. if your tv has a 1.4 hdmi connection.. then you can buy a blu-ray player such as the panasonic bdt300/310 that has dual hdmi outputs.. run the video direct to the tv to get full hd 3d.. then run audio to your 1.3 receiver via the second hdmi output.. i have a bdt300 and recently bought a very keenly priced Denon 3310.. and use it this way.. the 3311 for 1.4 passthrough would have cost be nearly twice the price!

A

Anonymous

thanks for that i was thinking that id have to go down that route when i thought i couldnt pass through at all. is there much difference in quality as its pretty impressive as it is.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
to be honest i havent watched much 3d.. i have watched a few things on sky 3d and they have been pretty impressive avatar 3d blu-ray is probably the best i've watched in 3d..

A

Anonymous

Most of the content I've watched to date has been via sky 3D too, but I recently watched the following full HD 3D, Despicable Me - awesome, Piranha 3D dreadful. Tron 3D just turned up in the post, I will report back on how good it is (can't wait) although I'm waiting for my new AVR and sub to turn up tomorrow to see it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts