Do i really need a standalone CD player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HELLO there you smart people, can any of you please advise me if i really do need a standalone cd player to experience better sound quality compared to my newly bought PIONEER BDP-LX52 bd player. I have already read some of the other post's on this site regarding this question and the majority of people feel that having a separate cd player compared to a blue-ray player does indeed give you better sound quality but in my situation i will be using my new PIONEER SC-LX82 a/v amp to do all the decoding therefore my BDP-LXX52 will only be acting as a transport so therefore i should in theory get high quality sound output from the SC-LX82 as it use's WOLFSON DAC's which are supposed to be very good so therefore with my system do i really need a separate cd player or not.

A

Anonymous

probably not if your going to be using your av receiver for amplification , however if you also bought a seperate stereo amp , as i recently did , and then added a seperate cdp you should notice a good improvement as i did ...

you probably will still hear an improvement witha cdp to your pioneer , but i dont know if it would be worth the outlay seeing as the sound will still probably only be as good as your pioneeer can output imo...

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
even using that pioneer as cd player on a stereo amp would give good results you will be looking at spending the same money as the blu ray player on a cd player to make it worth while any less and it would not beat your player enough imo. I agree with max that a stereo amp does add more dynamics and depth but if you just treat music as background then i would not lose sleep

A

Anonymous

just thought id point out that there was a much bigger improvement when i added a stereo amp whilst still using my blu-ray player for cd duties , than there subsequently was when adding the cdp , i agree with smuggs that a stereo amp will give more improvement than a new cdp ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts