Do I Need Better Speakers???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help.  I have a Cambridge Audio 640c Cd player and 540a Amp.  I bought this as a package with Mordaunt Short 902i Speakers.  I cant seem to find a bad review of these speakers!  Ive recently been enjoying Elbow and it sounds fantastic especially since I changed the Speaker cable and added proper connections to the wires.  With saying that when I then put in Sonny J, Cant stop moving.  It sounds a bit bogged down is the best way to describe it.  Also today when listening to Johnny Cash his vocal seemed a bit rubbish compared to that of listening to the Elbow CD,  Is this the speakers or the CD or just my rubbish taste in music??!?!  Any advice would be appreciated. 

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I suspect the differences are down to recording/production. I only have the Sonny Jim as a DAB recording. Compared to other DAB recordings it is 'bogged down'.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Elbow - Asleep At The Back on 320kbps MP3 is sounding much nicer, with a little cymbal shimmer and hints of ambient space. This is MP3 remeber. Much better than Sonny Jim recording.

A

Anonymous

Both mine are on CD though!?! ÿElbow does sound great though!!!

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
What I'm trying to say is that the SJ sounds bad compared to other DAB recordings whereas the Elbow sounds OK compared to other 320 MP3 files. CD will obviously sound better for both but I'd expect the Sonny Jim to sound like a worse recording than the Elbow.

Your system looks fine to me. I've also got a Cambridge 640C CD player and MS906 speakers. I think the 902 were probably better valuw than the 906 and the later 'i' versions seem to have done good things to the sound judging by reviews.

I'll go put some Johnny Cash on now.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys so far!!

The Cash CD was "when the man comes around" ÿI think its the 3rd song in that it was most noticable.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Do you mean the American Recordings IV: The Man Comes Around CD? Give My Love To Rose? Vocals seem OK, I wouldn't say it's rubbish, there does seem to be a little distortion with the guitar though...

A

Anonymous

Ill have another listen tonight. ÿThanks for the input. ÿAlso I think Rubbish may have been a bit harsh, perhaps I should have said distorted rather then rubbish!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts