do I need a subwoofer?

technic123

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I listen to pop music generally and I feel my speakers lack a deep bass. I have mordant short aviano 1. My thoughts were wharfedale sw150, powercube 250.

Any other suggestions under 300?

Also is it really necessary to have a sub , I don't listen loud just and normal levels

Thanks

technic123 said:
I listen to pop music generally and I feel my speakers lack a deep bass. I have mordant short aviano 1. My thoughts were wharfedale sw150, powercube 250.

Any other suggestions under 300?

Also is it really necessary to have a sub , I don't listen loud just and normal levels

Thanks

I think you have already answered your second question. Personally I would sell on the Aviano 1's and get a pair of speakers that give you what you require rather than mess around with a sub (personal opinion only that) . Unless you can integrate a sub well then the whole package could end up sounding a great deal worse.

The ease of integration would depend on the rest of your system. Which amplifier do you have?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
As always in these situations it helps if you can find out what frequencies you are actually missing, test cds or downloads can help. Generally bass notes in music are at higher frequencies than most people think.

With pop music in general there is little really deep bass, some electronica excepted, and it is a lack of bass punch in the 50-150hz region that is usually what is missing.

Get some punchier speakers.

technic123

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
i have a technics su x320- was considering a new amp however i do like the sound.

the bass is fine when i turn on 'super bass' however this doesnt suit every song and is no good at louder volumes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts