Do I need a power amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Im looking for a quality new amp but am worried about power, especially as the Roksans and Leemas Im looking at are rated at 120w and my monitor audio GR60's are 300w.

Id rather not get a power amp due to size,space,Cost and recent truama of exploding amp and power amp, but do i need to.

my nad c370 did fine with the speakers but i wanted to swim in the wonderful world of bi-amping and bridging to get more quality so i got the power amp but i drowned aftr some stupid wiring.

Ive read other posts about this but they just add more trees to my forest of misunderstanding.

any help would be greatly appreaciatted. Got about £1000 to spend.

kit; dead nad c370, in a coma nad c270 power, marantz cd 67 mk 2 SE, monitor audio GR60, monitor audio RSW12 sub, chord odyssy 2.

A

Anonymous

As I said in my previous posts...

The Arcam Alpha 10 integrated and the matching Alpha 10P power amp would have worked VERY well indeed...

If you've still got the NAD though why not look to go down that route again; 2nd hand NAD C352 or C355BEE integrated and try to see if you can find a decent 2nd hand NAD C272 or C275BEE power amp

Either of those options would drive the M/A's superbly...

You could also look out for a Roksan Kandy LIII integrated and the matching power amp; bags of power there as well.

Just because the M/A's are rated at 300w doesnt mean you have to match that!

A

Anonymous

thanks very much for that advise.

was considering roksan k2-just wish it had more than one set of speaker connections, or nad c165bee and c275bee or rotel ra 1520 and matching power amp-whatever that is.

have looked at roksan L111 and matching power amp - still looking

cheers

pedro

A

Anonymous

I cant fault the NAD pre/power set-up I've got; for me it's stunning

My wifes folks have a Cyrus & B&W CM9 set-up; we demo'd the NAD pre/power with those speakers and they REALLY sand; more so than the Cyrus 8XP and Cyrus XPower set-up they've got...

Pedej0e:
Hi, Im looking for a quality new amp but am worried about power, especially as the Roksans and Leemas Im looking at are rated at 120w and my monitor audio GR60's are 300w.

Id rather not get a power amp due to size,space,Cost and recent truama of exploding amp and power amp, but do i need to.

my nad c370 did fine with the speakers but i wanted to swim in the wonderful world of bi-amping and bridging to get more quality so i got the power amp but i drowned aftr some stupid wiring.

Ive read other posts about this but they just add more trees to my forest of misunderstanding.

any help would be greatly appreaciatted. Got about £1000 to spend.

kit; dead nad c370, in a coma nad c270 power, marantz cd 67 mk 2 SE, monitor audio GR60, monitor audio RSW12 sub, chord odyssy 2.

Hi Pedej0e

Can't the C370/C270 be fixed?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Getting the NAD's fixed would be the cheap and give a very good result. As said above the Arcam Alpha 10's would be very good indeed, I am running my GS60's with the P1 mono blocks @ 175w and they sound fantastic (power, bass, timing, its all good). only down side the P1's cost close to £1000 second hand adding a C31 pre would take you closer to £1200.

Chris

A

Anonymous

Thanks to everyone for there replies. I think the C370 is beyond repair - you dont get that much smoke at an indoor barbeque.

have been considering the nad 165 and 275 combo and the arcam fmj a38 but the a38 has had mixed reviews. but shop dude is entheusiastic about a38.

this amp is my last upgrade for a few years ( lottery win excluding ) so want to get it right.

amp has to be new as insurance are sending chq straight to shop.

getting new kit is both gorgeous and fabulous so this is a lovely time for me. am even considering the audiolabs 8200cd as my marantz cd67 mk11 se is getting on a bit - i finally understand dac,

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts