DNM Cable / Cyrus cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the spirit of open-mindedness, I would like to try the Cyrus cable that they recommend for my amp. It is a single core copper cable, of less than 1mm dia. per conductor. It appears virtually the same, if not the same, as DNM cable. The only thing is, I don't particularly want to pay c. £25/m or so, or buy expensive connectors to only find out it doesn't outperform what I already have.

My question is, and it really isn't meant to be provocative, is why will it sound different from single core copper bell wire of an equivalent diameter? And will it be OK to just terminate it using bog-standard connectors from Maplins (grub-screw type, as I don't solder)?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

What does your kit consist of now, including interconnects and speaker cable? Let us know and we can help further, especially if any of the forum members have same/simialr kit and have tried the cables you mentioned. But in any event, a good dealer should be more than happy to lend you some cable for home trial, you normally have to leave a deposit equivalent to full price but you lose nothing if you return it after trial.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have an 8vs2, ProAc studio 110's. Currently, I use Van Damme Blue Studio Grade 6mm cable. I previously used belden 5000UP and switched to the VD. Actually, I didn't find any difference, thick cables over short runs I guess. The cable is cheap enough that it cost me less than £10 all in. For connectors, I have some bog standard BFA connectors.

TRENDING THREADS