admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi can someone help please i just need a simple answer please

i have a dm 38 dont like my 9.1s diamond want to buy the best speaker for this little unit will go as far as b & w 685s in your opinion which speaker would sound the best

thanks martin...

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well looking at your previous post here Rega RS1's might be worth considering.

They have exceptional clarity and detail and the one thing they most definitely aren't is bass heavy (it barely comes out of the speaker). Although I've not heard the DM38 I have had the DM37, but it's not a "bright" sounding unit by any means which is perhaps what you're looking for?

You can find a pair at Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield (google it and look under x-demo) for £300 brand new (gloss red is lovely!) but I think perhaps you might be looking for something which the Denon can't do, but if you can wait until over the weekend I can hook up my RS1's to the 37 to give an opinion on how they match.

A

Anonymous

thanks so much if you can do that for me that would be brill just get so confused when all i want is some base and a crisp treble sound just quickly what amp would wock better than the denon a marantz they are aroung 300.00????

regards martin....

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Firstly you're looking at speakers, now you're looking at an amp as well, so why not throw in a CDP as well and and just buy seperates instead to get the sound you want? Simple! (and better).

A

Anonymous

I had a DM 37 with a set of B&W 685's. sounded pretty good however it by far did not get the best out of them as i now have a yamaha s500.

However my brother had a dm37 with mourdant shirt 902 and the 685s sounded far better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts