diy valve kit??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have found the expensive options but there must be cheep ones to buy in the uk? i want a complete kit including valves and i dont want to spend over £100 i have nevr tried to build anything like this before and will no doubt mess it up but the way i see it, its a learing curve and i dont want ot be learing on audio note kit now do i?! im not that fussed how it sounds to start with either i just want to see if i can get some kind of sound

im looking at either a power amp or integrated, again, im not fussed i guess power would be easier but i supose a integrated would be more usefull to me

am i seaching for something that does not exist

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I would proceed with extreme caution if you've never done anything like this before. The voltages involved in valve amps are very high indeed, and can be lethal if you don't know what you're doing.

Not saying don't do it, but you may feel the risks involved aren't worth the cost savings over buying either a pre-assembled (and tested) amp or a guaranteed secondhand model.

A

Anonymous

yeah i have read that, i intend to read up a great deal on the subject! i just want to know whats available before iinvest the time into it if that makes sence

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Building valve amps is not for noobs the voltages can kill.A £100 budget wont buy anything either.A good kit will cost around £500 minimum.World audio design do a sweat little kit for that amount.If you want real cheap just buy a budget chinese amp.

A

Anonymous

im not a complete noob i done me a gcse in electronics + id ware a pair of marigolds and keep my feet of the floor.............. the other thing i learnerd today is if you test everything with your tounge whilst looking in the miror you can work out the voltage buy counting the hairs sticking up on your head

slightly more seriously...i am aware of the dangers... i think i might save up a bit of cash and do the reading in the mean while!

cheers for the advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts