admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Great film! Loved how it didnt follow the norm by making the aliens the bad guys. Refreshing and excellent acting by the lead actor, an actor iv never heard of before. Cant wait for the bluray. A must see!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Agreed. Saw it last night. Very good. A cut above the norm for alien movies, and all the better for not having some Hollywood A lister going all 'ego' over it.

A

Anonymous

lol Nah if u seen the trailer u will knw the aliens are not bad. So not a spoiler.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:Ah good. No need to see this film now I take it given the ending's been given away?

Hardly. 'Aliens not bad guys' is pretty much a given if you've been following any of the hype and trailers. Highly recommend viewing this, one of my favorite films of the year, right up there with Inglorious Basterds although for completely different reasons.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
runcible:Hardly. 'Aliens not bad guys' is pretty much a given if you've been following any of the hype and trailers.

Well, I haven't, so you can understand why

FrankHarveyHiFi:SPOILER!!!!

made me think something had been given away!

A

Anonymous

Hard to miss the trailers as they show it almost before every film when you go to the cinema and regularly on tv..unless you close your eyes during the trailers section lol but anyway professor you wont be disappointed.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Very easy to miss the trailers when you never to go to the cinema and hardly ever watch TV, with virtually all of that being BBC anyway!

I'd not even heard of it till a friend mentioned it the other night.

A

Anonymous

I admit it can be rubbish going to the cinema on a busy night, but if you go on a quiet night you could find that you have the whole cinema screen almost to yourself and then it is very enjoyable.

I remember goin to watch Independence Day at the cinema and honestly nothing less than a cinema screen does that film any justice.

Watching it at home on at 40-60inch screen or even a 100inch projector is one thing but watching certain movies on a cinema screen is a whole different experience that no home cinema system can really match.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You clearly haven't visited any cinemas in the Croydon area. Trust me, there is no time you can go to one and come out describing the experience as "enjoyable".

emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

Nah not been to Croydon mate, is it really that bad? Birmingham has its fair bunch of idiots who spend their money to ruin other peoples movie experience, sometimes a "nice" word does the trick. Orange Wednesdays are the worst, most other days up here are fine.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Precisely why I like the Odeon at Lakeside. Being a big shopping centre, but being in the middle of nowhere, means you get very few kids there (Unless they're there with their parents, in which case they tend to be better behaved anyway).

Even orange Wednesdays only tends to net about 20/25 people in the screen.

The fact that it's now slightly run down, and the newer, plusher cinema at Bluewater (which I actually have to drive past to go to Lakeside) is only 15 minutes away, tends to mean Bluewater is the bigger draw...... Which is why I avoid it.....

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

FrankHarveyHiFi:SPOILER!!!!

made me think something had been given away! Me too! hance why I said what I did - watched it last nightand glad it didn't give anything away really.

Good film though.

A

Anonymous

This movie is awesome i like it a lot, thought that sci fi theme is not as interesting as it was but i was mistaken

A

Anonymous

Apparently he is also cast to play Murdoch in the new A Team film along side Liam Neeson playing Hannibal.

A

Anonymous

District 9 is a great film - was surprised at every turn and it's even got a few laughs. The indie Independence Day, if you will...

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
professorhat:I think potentially the worst casting decision since Liam Neeson's last film...
emotion-14.gif

Whereas Jeanette Crankie as Mr T is just inspired...

"I ain't starrin' in no pantomime!"

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

Ginder:along side Liam Neeson playing Hannibal

I think potentially the worst casting decision since Liam Neeson's last film...
emotion-14.gif

Who would you have chosen instead of Liam Neeson? Mr T will be played by UFC fighter Quinton Ramone Jackson and Face will be Bradley Cooper.

Mr T

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts