Distributing Sky throughout the house

cball313

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone advise the best way to send sky to 3 other rooms throughout my house?

Currently I have a Sky HD box in my front room and a Sky + box in the bedroom. I am looking to send one of these signals to 3 other TV's throughout the house and need to know the best (and cheapest) way to do it, but still keeping a good signal.

I have purchased a Philex SLX 4B ditribution point and some FT100 coax cable., but not sure if this will be the best method, maybe wireless will be better?

Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Chris.

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Firstly, wired is always better than wireless especially where you do not wish to compromise on quality.

Run a cable from each room to whichever room that houses the sky box you wish to use.You will then need to have the Philex unit in that room.The distribution unit is then connected to the sky box with a single cable from the RF 2 out on the sky box to the RF in on the Philex (i think)

take a look at this link or better still this website for some additional aid: http://satelliteonline.co.uk/sky_dist_exist_box.htm

You may also want to rethink about the possibility of having the sky box and distribution unit elsewhere in the house (eg. the loft) to make life easier in connecting them up. This is what i did and as i found it easier to run one cable to 5 different rooms and this cable carries Terrestrial TV, FM radio, CCTV, Sky and also allows me to pick up the Freeview digitial channels on all the televisions as well as change the Sky channels. Each TV therefore has a magic eye connected.

cball313

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I should be ok wiring it all up, just was'nt sure if what I was using was the best way to do it. I think like you said the wired method would be better than wireless, especially with the amount of interferrence in homes.

Do you know if the Philex SLX 4B is good? I have tested it once using the RF2 in the sky box and it worked, but was fuzzy. Now on reading this could be the signal being too strong after being aplified by the Philex box?

I have seen the Labgear HDU641, and didnt know if this would be better? as uses F type connectors? and has the advantage of CCTV ports etc.

Thanks

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts