Disabling pre amp/phono on Project Debut II

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I just purchased a new (SH) pre/power (NAD) with a phono stage, this is hooked up to my Project Debut II, however I was hoping to give the phono on the amp a go, see how it compares, is there anyway of turning off/disabling the pre amp/phono stage on the Debut?

Thanks in advance

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks LHC, as per, I hedged my bets and contacted Project direct (admirable customer service I must say) anyway, for the record, their repsonse

"The output is fixed at line level and you cannot easily disconnect the
phono stage. However, you will probably find that the Phonobox used in
the Pro-ject is equally as good, if not better, than most that are pre
fitted to amplifiers costing under £1,000. "

Just about covers it I guess

scene

I'm slightly confused. My version of the Project Debut II has phono outs that have to be plugged into a phono stage, there is no "pre amp/phono stage" on my Debut. Is this a straight Debut II, or some other version?

EDIT: Or is this a Debut III with MM preamp built in.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene:I'm slightly confused. My version of the Project Debut II has phono outs that have to be plugged into a phono stage, there is no "pre amp/phono stage" on my Debut. Is this a straight Debut II, or some other version?

The Debut II came with or without a phono stage and/or speedbox. I've got both, the basic Debut II with no phono stage or speedbox which is connected to a Pro-Ject Phonobox USB for ripping to the PC and a Debut II Phono SB which covers living room duties (with a 2M Red upgrade).

scene

the_lhc:scene:I'm slightly confused. My version of the Project Debut II has phono outs that have to be plugged into a phono stage, there is no "pre amp/phono stage" on my Debut. Is this a straight Debut II, or some other version?

The Debut II came with or without a phono stage and/or speedbox. I've got both, the basic Debut II with no phono stage or speedbox which is connected to a Pro-Ject Phonobox USB for ripping to the PC and a Debut II Phono SB which covers living room duties (with a 2M Red upgrade).
Thanks for that. Confusion ended.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts