Dimensions of the Leema Pulse amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
To anyone owning a Leema Pulse amp:

The spec says it is 375 mm deep but does that include volume knob/input selector in the front and speaker terminals in the back? If not, I would be very thankful if someone could check its maximum depth including those.

While still waiting for my amp to arrive I am trying to determine if my current Hifi/TV rack has enough room for it.....

A

Anonymous

It's an AMP, it uses power and dissipates heat so, just like your XBOX or PS3 it should in no way be crammed onto a shelf with no room to breathe, so even if the extra 25mm or so are not included, if that would tip you over the edge, your rack is too small. It seems u nlikely tho', it's much the same size as most other bits of HiFi

John Duncan

I'm sure there'll be a penguin with a tape measure along in a minute...

il_fullxfull.93119197.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BorderHoarder:It's an AMP, it uses power and dissipates heat so, just like your XBOX or PS3 it should in no way be crammed onto a shelf with no room to breathe...

The OP is asking about depth (back to front) rather than height.

The depth of the shelf (and the amp) will have no bearing on the vents which (having just checked the pics) are on the top of the amp and not the back.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:I think you'll find space to the rear can be as important as that above or to the sides.

Given the typical rigidity of mains cables, interconnects, and the sort of speaker cables used on amps like this, then it is almost guaranteed that the rear of the amp is going to have to have at least a couple of inches clearance which should be fine for 'ventilating' a rear panel that has no fans or vents.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I have just checked my Pulse (so to speak) and you will need approximately 450mm to allow space for the cables at the back - in particular the rigid mains cable, as Andrew suggests. In practice, I would consider this a minimum requirement and only possible if the space is open at either the front or back.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback!

Aaah the mains cable, didn't think of that one. Spades for the speaker cable, 90 degree angled rca's for the interconnects. I thought that would do it but then we had the mains too, hmm. Currently have a closed cabinet with 430 mm from the doors in front to the wall in the back... Perhaps there are angled mains cables which would actually make this work anyway?

There is plenty of room above and beside, so I think the ventilation would be quite ok anyway.

A

Anonymous

bluebrazil:
would it not be possible to drill a hole through the cabinet's rear for the mains?

Well, it hangs directly on the wall so drilling a hole there would just
give me the possibility to connect the mains in my bathroom. Nothing
that I am considering at the moment...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
mullansson1:Aaah the mains cable, didn't think of that one. Spades for the speaker cable, 90 degree angled rca's for the interconnects. I thought that would do it but then we had the mains too, hmm. Currently have a closed cabinet with 430 mm from the doors in front to the wall in the back... Perhaps there are angled mains cables which would actually make this work anyway?
There is plenty of room above and beside, so I think the ventilation would be quite ok anyway.

You said it was a 'rack' in your original post. Now it is a 'closed cabinet' with doors. Hmmm. (There isn't a radiator behind it that you failed to mention is there?)

Don't do any of those 'right angled' things and get it out in the open.

At the very least, keep the doors open (or preferably remove them). Even better buy a rack.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
mullansson1:Well, it hangs directly on the wall so drilling a hole there would just
give me the possibility to connect the mains in my bathroom.

Okay. Now it's getting scary!

A

Anonymous

chebby:mullansson1:Aaah the mains cable, didn't think of that one. Spades for the speaker cable, 90 degree angled rca's for the interconnects. I thought that would do it but then we had the mains too, hmm. Currently have a closed cabinet with 430 mm from the doors in front to the wall in the back... Perhaps there are angled mains cables which would actually make this work anyway?

You said it was a 'rack' in your original post. Now it is a 'closed cabinet' with doors. Hmmm. (There isn't a radiator behind it that you failed to mention is there?)

Don't do any of those 'right angled' things and get it out in the open.

At the very least, keep the doors open (or preferably remove them). Even better buy a rack.

Yeah well, then there is this radiator, but it is only in use when it gets really really cold...
No, but the doors is a must have with a one-year-old in the house, just
starting to walk. Twisting, turning, hitting everything within reach.
But alright, I guess I'll just have to wait a week or two until the amp arrives to see how warm it gets and what the possibilities are then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts