Digital Stream DHR8202U HD DTR FREEVIEW

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Wonder if anyone can help...

I've had the above recorder for Christmas but STILL cant find any HD service for it. no HD channels.

I have done the update requested and done several scans since. TV is HD ready and HDMI cable is in.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Has your area switched over to HD broadcasting as yet? If you're not sure, click to go to this website, click Check Now and enter in your postcode.

If you haven't already, have a look at this thread which is my review and updates on the 500 GB version of the model you have - as far as I'm aware, the only difference is the hard disk size so might be some interesting info there.

A

Anonymous

thanks Prof. HD has been available in my area since March 2010. and i looked at that thread before. nothing about lack of HD service. hmmm

A

Anonymous

is it right that as long as you receive all the freeview channels, you should be able to get HD? all my freeview channels (sutton coldfield transmitter) are fine, but there's just no HD service i can find on my telly.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I've seen info the following on another forum:

Sutton Coldfield and Litchfield (possibly) could be your problem.

HD is currently on Litchfield as far as I remember.

If you are too close or at the wrong angle then HD is out of allignment
with one aerial. Some people have to point their aerial at a midpoint or
use 2 aerials and a diplexer. A wideband aerial is also needed in this
case as Lichfield has HD on C34 until after DSO when it will move to The
SC transmitter.

Stick your postcode into the website below and then check the angles to the 2 transmitters using the Terrain View.

The website is this one - UKFree.TV

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts