Different types of music format?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey I am curious, as to why music sounds so much better on a movie than it does on a CD or download from spotify?

Is there a type of music that I should be downloading, as all I get is really MP3.

Whats the deal?

New to all this music stuff, and interested as my home cinema gets better.

Music on movies seems so much fuller and bolder and I can really hear the different instruments, is it the DD or MA HD DTS?

Thanks and try not to go to hard on the Music noob [:$]

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Not much of a movie person to be honest but hope this may be of some help

http://community.whathifi.com/blogs/home-cinema/archive/2009/12/04/the-art-of-noise-high-definition-sound-explained.aspx

A

Anonymous

So am I reading it right?

Music sounds better on Blu-Ray?

And CD's and Digital Downloads are inferior?

Thanks

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
It's not saying that music (as in hi-fi) per se sounds better on Blu Ray, just that the recorded sound (i.e. the soundtrack) does as it's uncompressed and that it will sound exactly how the sound mixing engineer heard it.

This goes back to what didn't happen with DVD-A, but that's another story. The format isn't at fault, just the capacity: A CD holds something less than 700mb of data, DVD 4.7GB, and Blu Ray a whopping 50GB. CD recording has to be compressed to get around a maximum of 70 min playing time per disc, which is why you will notice the difference in sound reproduction on a Blu Ray movie soundtrack. Still not the same as playing a CD through a CDP and dedicated hi-fi amp, though, which will always sound better than playing it through an AV set-up. Anyway, enough rambling as the real experts will make a better job of explaining it than me.

A

Anonymous

Do they have blu-ray music formats apart from live music.

I just want to hear a whole song or album in this format, is there anything about?

Thanks,

Cheaper here. I just bought one.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I am not a music buff, but i got to say, when I heard a soundtrack when watching a movie, then listened to the foos and acdc on CD on the weekend, it lacked everything, it lacked the sparkle that you get off these blu-ray movie soundtracks.

Its a shame that they dont sell or produce more of these, as I would buy.

I thought my system was dull until I heard proper loseless music..... Did I say that right.. LOL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts