Difference between Cyrus 6xp vs 6a ?

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I just saw the new Cyrus integrated amplifiers on the Cyrus webiste. I was wondering if there is a difference in sound/build between these two (and the 8xp vs 8a)? The price has been reduced from 950 to 699.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to slightly Hi-jack this thread but;

David do you think it would be worth my while adding an X Power to my 8XPd/PSX-R for improved sound quality and using the 8 as a pre-amp? It will drive Spendor A6's so no possibility of bi-amping etc

Thanks, Bill

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Definitely. I had a system in the demo room last week, and the B&W CM8's were really singing on the end of an X-Power, and they're easier to driver than A6's. The more drive you can give a Spendor, the more they'll reward you.

With Spendor and Dynaudio users, I usually recommend getting into pre/powers from the off, as they'll get much more out of the two brands (for different reasons), and saves using an integrated amp as a pre-amp (as dedicated pre-amp will normally outperform an integrated acting as a pre-amp).

A

Anonymous

Thanks David,

Do you do trade ins on 6 month old cyrus integrated amps?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
billyblob said:
Thanks David,

Do you do trade ins on 6 month old cyrus integrated amps?

billyblob, please contact Frank Harvey Hi-Fi directly, we don't allow dealer trading on the site. House rules
smiley-smile.gif

ErwinC said:
I just saw the new Cyrus integrated amplifiers on the Cyrus webiste. I was wondering if there is a difference in sound/build between these two (and the 8xp vs 8a)? The price has been reduced from 950 to 699.

Hi ErwinC

Are you still using a Yamaha A-S1000 or a A-S2000?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
ErwinC said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
ErwinC said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
As far as it's ability to drive loudspeakers, yes :)

So, the 6a is £251 cheaper than the 6xp and is able to drive speakers better. :O :O :O

Yup :)

Is this also the case for the Cyrus 8a vs 8xp?

Yup :)

Again :O

That is not bad. And how do the new amps compare to the old amps soundwise?

BTW, i read somewhere that the new case is aluminium. Does this mean that the new look is different from the previous case?

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rick,

I sold them both and i have a Cyrus 6xp now. Currently i use it with a pair of Monitor Audio BX2 (and my Vincent CD-S6) and i am really surprised by the fantastic result. I want to replace my Vincent cd player with a Cyrus player but am a bit afraid of the slot loading issues although it seams these are mostly solved in the latest models.

I am also looking to replace the fantastic ;) MA BX2 by a better compact bookshelf. For the moment i think about MA GX50, KEF R100, Rega RS1, Proac Studio 115 and Proac Tablette Anniversary. The speakers will be placed close to the rear wall and on a shelf.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ErwinC said:
That is not bad. And how do the new amps compare to the old amps soundwise?

I wouldn't worry if you already have the 6xp - it won't be worth changing to from what you have - I'd add a power amp instead.

BTW, i read somewhere that the new case is aluminium. Does this mean that the new look is different from the previous case?

The case looks the same now as it always has done, don't worry :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts